cfh's latest activity

• C
    the keyway is not there to secure the flywheel to the crank. it's only purpose is to make flywheel alignment easier for the human...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread My new project. 70 Roadster..
    that's a 1971 model (12" wheels not 10".) it's the best year for a rupp.
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread HS40 lighted flywheel.
    i'm with you on this tale. after all, we did not see him try and start the engine before the welding trick. as for contacting the video...
  • C
    wow i have questions. so he used a north/south magnet to determine the flywheel magnet poles. but why? i don't see any relevance that...
  • C
    i've heard of the speaker guys recharging magnets, but from what i remember, the effect was temporary. now i guess it depends what...
  • C
    the screwdriver test is ok but does not give enough info. really need a gauss meter. yes they are expensive. but like i said, this...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Rupp Torque Converter Advice.
    black widow motorsports sells the correct guard and mount plate. stop buying on amazon that's just generic junk...
  • C
    the 610769a tecumseh flywheel is notorious for weak magnets. i have one that when installed on an otherwise good HS40 engine, it just...
  • C
    front forks on rupps can seize. there's a nylon bushing inside that can swell due to moisture or rust, and lock up the front end. you...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Tecumseh Hssk50 wont fire.
    i tried different CDI units but it made no difference. also different flywheels. so the spark is not the issue. it's the compression...
  • C
    go to the 30 minute mark for results. bottom line, none of the fuel additives worked for greater than 6 months. some didn't even work...
  • C
    additives just make you feel better, they don't actually do anything. look at the Darrel videos he did on all those fuel additives and...
  • C
    those $12 carbs generally work decent. but you can get a 'bad' one (it happens a fair amount.) the castings aren't great. but if you get...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Forks- Chrome vs. Powdercoat.
    this is true. but what i do is powder coat the "super chrome", and then spray a clear coat over the finished powder coat. if you use a...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Tecumseh Hssk50 wont fire.
    i will check out that leak tester. both engines the valves are nice inside their valve guides. pretty much perfect. as for rings, these...