DB30 Doodle Bug Engine Swap Help

I have an old Doodle Bug in my backyard that a family member gave me that needs an engine swap, I've never done work or even owned a mini bike but id like to get into it, What might i need to swap the Doodle Bug with a Predator 212cc engine.

I have an old Doodle Bug in my backyard that a family member gave me that needs an engine swap, I've never done work or even owned a mini bike but id like to get into it, What might i need to swap the Doodle Bug with a Predator 212cc engine.
Get yourself some education. Go to Youtube and type in "doodlebug engine swap"- LOTS of information there...
Michael

Hello and welcome!

You would need a Predator 212, a 3/4" clutch and a new high-quality chain (RVL is popular). A sturdy steel or aluminum clutch guard would be a good idea, too.

I would suggest a Ducar 212, instead of the Predator, and a Max-Torque clutch. I would probably go with a 13 tooth clutch sprocket, the sprocket and chain will last longer than they would with the more common 12 tooth, an odd number tooth count is always better than an even number. Flip the clutch (sprocket inboard) to better center the larger engine.

He came here for education. There is a lot of bad information on YouTube.
Yeah, I get that. By going to Youtube and watching some videos he can at least get an OVERALL IDEA of what's involved and determine if it is even within his comfort level to attempt the project. It doesn't hurt them to put in a little effort...
Michael

Yeah, I get that. By going to Youtube and watching some videos he can at least get an OVERALL IDEA of what's involved and determine if it is even within his comfort level to attempt the project. It doesn't hurt them to put in a little effort...
Michael
ive been watching videos i just came here to ask exactly what i should get, you cant ask too many questions on youtube, all i knew until now was i need a new chain and engine, and i wasn't sure if everything in the youtube videos were necessary.

Hello and welcome!

You would need a Predator 212, a 3/4" clutch and a new high-quality chain (RVL is popular). A sturdy steel or aluminum clutch guard would be a good idea, too.

I would suggest a Ducar 212, instead of the Predator, and a Max-Torque clutch. I would probably go with a 13 tooth clutch sprocket, the sprocket and chain will last longer than they would with the more common 12 tooth, an odd number tooth count is always better than an even number. Flip the clutch (sprocket inboard) to better center the larger engine.
Thank you, However i think i am still going to go with the predator because they have one at my local harbor freight and i would rather just easily pick something up than having to worry about it getting delivered.

You will need one of these adapters. The tiny engine on the bike has a small bolt pattern and the Predator has a larger bolt pattern.
This plate will allow you to move the engine sideways if you need to.
https://www.amazon.com/AKSGKGQ-Adju...nz47rhQMVhVN_AB31dAUUEAQYASABEgI4V_D_BwE&th=1
I would like to make another suggestion. Unless you are pretty comfortable landing on your butt, maybe one of the small Predators would be more fun. They will bolt right on a n they have enough power to get you around as long as you're not climbing hills.