Search results

1. D

Front wheel setup vs rear motovox drag style

Came out just how I wanted it. Next up Brad hill style motovox tank, and hydraulic brakes up front. 10” x 2 1/4” rim 90-70-10 tire 14” front height 14.4” rear
  2. D

Mostly cruising in mini bike events around my area (usually big parking lots sectioned off), and occasional 660' at events, but nothing serious just for fun. I got a CTS 33J speed rated tire 90/70-10 similar to size to x18 front tire/wheel combo is the look I'm going for. Link to tire ...
  3. D

decided on a 90/70-10 tire which is about 14" in height 3.5" in width rears are 15x6x6 but measure 14.4" in height... 14" height front with a 14.4" height in rears.. i think it'll be a nice stance
  4. D

Got a motovox front suspension kit on the way with a 10” front scooter rim 10”x2 1/4”, and kenda 110/80-10 tire on the way (unsure if I want to go with 110/80-10 or 90/90-10) 110/80-10 Diameter 16.9” Width 4.3” Sidewall 3.5” 90/90/-10 Diameter 16.4” Width 3.5” Sidewall 3.2” my current...
  5. D

Block mounted tensioner / spring loaded tensioner / sprocket guard

If anyone is curious the block mounted chain tensioner along with the sprocket guard makes this bulletproof no chain issues anymore
  6. D

Got the sprocket guard on today still waiting for the block mounted tensioner… I think this is going to work
  7. D

That is good to know appreciate you @Strigoi. Both the OldMiniBikes / RCF tensioners are pretty similar in design. I got about 1/2-3/4" slack in the chain where the stock tensioner would be.
  8. D

I recently finished my build, and during multiple hard rides with the stock motovox tensioner my chain would come off (happens while doing burnouts smoking the back tire). It eventually made 1 of the #35 links twist & break off. I decided against adding a spring loaded tensioner at the stock...
  9. D

predator 212 dies when letting off throttle

try 42 pilot and 140 main silver needle in middle position that works for my build 27/25mm valves champion rockers 308 camshaft billet internals It sounds like your running lean on main jet - try the jets I recommend, and see if that helps. It definitely will.
  10. D

Champion Rocker Cracked intake, Vacuum leak at intake manifold (RTV RED?)

.372 lift sounds fun!! The gages are a quality piece better then the ones EC offers. I’m done with this build for now might do a 263 build next building these little motors are addicting hah
  11. D

I have gaskets installed, and i like to lather my cakes with frosting so this ones fine ty
  12. D

Could of been a possibility, but in my case it was the small pilot I had in which was 32. I bumped it up to 42 pilot and starts idles with choke off. The sealant was a bit extra if I find it to cause any issues I can always peel it off no big deal. In my case everything is operating smoothly...
  13. D

Appreciate the advice & video. I did make sure the contact point from the champion rocker adjusters to the lash caps were as close to the center as possible during all stages of lift (mid lift/max lift/0 lift), and with the shimming (one .0625" washer) on each side of the champion studs it...
  14. D

Yeah the red RTV is on the outside of the intake manifold / gasket area to prevent any leaks not sandwiched between the gasket to intake manifold. I only put the red rtv on the exhaust side cylinder head exit to exhaust gasket / then on gasket to exhaust.
  15. D

Yeah I feel a lot better going with the 37 lb red stripe instead of the 60 lb dual springs. I shimmed up the intake valve side to get the proper spring height for the lbs needed. I agree valvetrain geometry was the culprit here & adjustments with head gasket thickness / shimming champion rockers...
  16. D

I went to regular intake manifold bolts (allen head style), and used RTV red on the outside of my intake manifold gaskets / manifold / bolt heads. I also used the red rtv silicone on my exhaust gasket, and it turned out awesome! I shimmed the bottom of the champion rockers, played around with...
  17. D

Set both valve side geometry? By adding washers under the rockers or by longer / short valves? Not quiet sure what you mean here? As for valve length they're stock 2.580" on both intake / exhaust. Push rods stock length 5.260", but head was milled .065" with .010 thin gasket. Difference of about...
  18. D

That’s exactly my guess on the pushrods needing to be 100 thou less in length! That would get the proper valve train geometry, and correct the rocker issue. I have another set of champion rockers on the way. Hoping that combined with less spring pressure will take care of unneeded strain on...
  19. D

Hello all, Decided to open up the cylinder head to check for any issues since during this seasons start up noticed putting the choke / enrichment circuit off the engine would die. I figure it’s a lean condition caused from a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. I open the cylinder head up, and...