New bully clutch

6 spring 2 disk bully.....got it for 200$ @ the local kart shop

Now just gotta adjust engagement settings.. Right away I could tell the difference between a,cheap clutch an this one

and unless your just drag racing that clutch will get smoked with just cruising around. I have the same clutch on my race bike but I should have got a 3 disk. not that its not a great clutch but 3 disk would have suited me better.. great deal at the kart shop!!! I paid 300

and unless your just drag racing that clutch will get smoked with just cruising around. I have the sa7me clutch on my race bike but I should have got a 3 disk. not that its not a great clutch but 3 disk would have suited me better.. great deal at the kart shop!!! I paid 300
I wouldn't say I drag race.. But when I ride its from stop to wot..

When I was waiting for parts on my disc clutch, I had to use my Hillard Flame clutch which is drum.
The difference was the drum was smoother on lock up, but a tick slower on engagement... That was it...

The disk really hammers when it engages...

The difference between different number of disks is if you are on and off the throttle a lot or on and off engagement... The 3 disk can handle the heat better... But the trade off is the 3 disk is heavier...

the diff between a 3 disk and 2 disk is simply the power that the clutch is going to handle before it starts to slip or chatter. my 2 disk works great but I want to extend the power in my motor and a 2 disk is rated for 15 to 20 hp. not that it wont take more but I try to stay within the limits of what is suggested by the manufacture. that's the best 200 bucks you will ever spend though shinebox. I was pumped when I got mine. does that kart shop allways have those at that price? not sure if yours was used I don't care if it is but I want it to be as nice as yours.