The high and low gears on my 196X Tote Gote have been welded together, any chances of getting new gears?

Hello, Im new to the world of motorcycle restorations, and even worse, I've chosen a make and model of a brand that is incredibly rare to find information on. As I wrap up the cosmetics of this bike, I move to the mechanical and find that the high and low gears on the second jackshaft have been welded together, And I would like to restore this transmissions original function, does anyone have advice or know where I could locate replacement sprockets? I imagine these are very generic parts, I just dont know where to start. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-08-01 205501.png

Hello, Im new to the world of motorcycle restorations, and even worse, I've chosen a make and model of a brand that is incredibly rare to find information on. As I wrap up the cosmetics of this bike, I move to the mechanical and find that the high and low gears on the second jackshaft have been welded together, And I would like to restore this transmissions original function, does anyone have advice or know where I could locate replacement sprockets? I imagine these are very generic parts, I just dont know where to start. Thanks

View attachment 304331
@Richard Trotter

Bird Brain

Nobody asked me but looks that if you disassembled the jackshaft/sprocket portion theres possibly enough room on that opposite end to chuck in a lathe and turn that weld down off of the sprocket and set collar. If done carefully doubt it would be that noticeable afterwards. Best of luck with your build.

Triley41395

Nobody asked me but looks that if you disassembled the jackshaft/sprocket portion theres possibly enough room on that opposite end to chuck in a lathe and turn that weld down off of the sprocket and set collar. If done carefully doubt it would be that noticeable afterwards. Best of luck with your build.
I agree, to me it just looks like a locking collar was welded on to keep it from moving around. Screenshot_20230802_045058_Chrome.jpg

Goes to show how much i know as i get into this, then hypothetically if its just acting as a key, then the original high and low gears should be preserved. Alright then, thanks so much everybody!

You must be working on a 'Blazer'. Tote Gote didn't have a 2 speed. The Blazer company was started by folks that left Tote Gote to create the 2 speed option. This will make finding the parts you need harder. Fixing what you have may be your best option.