Mini Push Mower Project

not too much new to show i got the tank mounted with just some tabs and i made the straps out of stainless cv boot bands bent and drilled on the ends for a screw. Today I made some good progress on the fenders. I slotted the mower and the fenders down to the bottom so i could get the wheels in and out without the bolt stopping it. I think i might just bolt on the fenders with the wheels rather than weld them on. It might be nice to have the adjustability. I havnt decided yet for sure. But those two are done for now except the tail light and i got the two fenders started on the other side so its gettin there.

well iv got almost all the fabrication done I wasnt a big fan of where i had the tail lights positioned so i cut the mounts off and am lowering them down a bit. But iv got it all taken apart now so i can start cleaning it up and get it ready for paint and all. Im not sure if I should do the handlebars body color or something else like a silver

Maybe a complimentary color? Maybe if you do a pastel type 1950's color on the body, a cream color handlebar?? Good question Jeep.

Doc

Last edited:
well the wheels and grips are off white so I could change the grips and do the bars white but I think a gray or silver would work better. too bad the chrome is long gone. i may do a similar color or maybe even the same color as my fat bike and the hammered gray went great with that. I have a few pastel colors to pick from too. Im sure Ill end up painting it two or three times before I land on a winner lol

I slapped a bunch of bondo on it today. I used jb water weld on the seams of the tank. i figure a nice security layer couldnt hurt. its suposed to be good for gas and i had lots of leftover from last weekend when i had to fix a cracked fish pond. Anyhow the body work will be a nice change of pace from all the metal work iv been doing between this and the scooter. I sprayed the handlebars hammered gray. I think it should look good with whatever color i end up with

Im working on the body work now its going fast iv already got the tank and fenders nearly done. Then Iv got to test run the engine I dont even know if its a runner it had some debris in the mouth of the carb and the plug wire was cut. These engines are usually pretty good runners so im not too worried. I have a couple other carbs I can swap out if I have to

Thanks guys I got the engine running today! It had no spark. the points had continuity at at all times. I thought it must be the kill switch wire or coil or condensor but when i unhooked them it was still there. So i cleaned the points and that fixed it. Aint that the strangest thing youve ever heard? anyway I had to clean the carb a bit and put the muffler on to get it to run right. Seems good now so i can go ahead with the cleaning process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEQYPKz3cw

I got it painted today while the weather is nice. The first coat didnt go that great it was too thick coming out of the gun. So it was rough and i ran out of paint anyway. So i sanded it smooth and hit it again the second coat went well. At the end I thought my gun was clogging up or running out. turns out the compressor wasnt turned on lol. but it came out good. I wet sanded it a bit so tomorrow ill do a light coat of clear and start puting it together again. no pics today

bandit 40

It would look fancier with some sort of small diameter rail acting as a bumper going around the wheel wells. Just a thought :smile:

Thanks guys! bandit im thinking if it looks too plain when im done ill either paint something or put some sort of stainless trim on them. But i was a little worried about dressing it up too much. I think it might look fine without but we'll see when its all together