Bolt-on-only advice for a 212cc?

Hey guys,

I saw all the Stage Kits for the Predator 212, but don't wanna open up the engine (valve springs, etc).

What can I do with just exhaust, air, and carb to increase performance (bolt-on, minimally invasive)?

I'd love to be able to just add a pipe, air cleaner, and new jet/emulsion tube and call it a day, but I dont know if thats enough to experience a significant amount of improvement to performance.

If you want real perfomance you will have to go into the motor change rod .springs.cam .carb an other things to have perfomance you can always add an air filter but that isnt a hp gain just my 2cents ..

Header , intake and rejet really peps these engines up and certainly increases hp , but won't increase top speed as governor will still kick in at 36-3800 rpm , what it will do is get you there quicker !

Exactly as chipper said. It's a nice improvement over stock. I like to advance the timing also. That really makes the torque curve come alive.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Header , intake and rejet really peps these engines up and certainly increases hp , but won't increase top speed as governor will still kick in at 36-3800 rpm , what it will do is get you there quicker !
Ah, so without removing the governor (which involves swapping to a billet flywheel, etc), I won't increase top speed?

Ah, so without removing the governor (which involves swapping to a billet flywheel, etc), I won't increase top speed?
You could change the gearing - decrease tooth count on rear sproket, or increase on front sproket to increase top speed. But without spinning the engine faster, you're stuck with the governed maximum RPM on the engine to determine top speed of the driven wheel.

Note that changing gear ratios will also change acceleration. More acceleration = lower top speed. Higher top speed = less acceleration (and possibly inadequate drive wheel torque to get you to top speed)

Latent

rejet, header, velocity stack w filter, - I can sell you this kit for 70 shipped (gx140 tube, .037 main, header, velocity stack, air filter, brand new, goodluck with whatever road you take however

Or you could just buy a performance engine and be done with it for pretty much the same amount of money as buying the parts.
OldMiniBikes Warehouse has this,
https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/BSP-Co...el-Exhaust-Carb-and-More.html?category_id=177
The above linked engine with a TAV would make for an awesome ride I'm sure!

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Shawn:
That is a Box stock kart engine.
Its very important you learn the difference.

For what it cost you can built a Predator with billet parts that's much safer and faster than a BSP motor.

There are things you can do to make a stock motor faster and run better.
Do a Search and you will find a lot of infor.
You do not want to add 18 pound springs without billet parts

If you add a TAV I would try that first and play with the gearing to see if that's all you really need.

Last edited: