Do you have to remove governor ? To install mods ? Predator 212 non hemi

Hi first time dealing with engines and mods , wondering if you have to take off governor on predator 212 non hemi to install mods , just don't wanna break anything if I don't have too please would love the help and advice just got a taco 22 and I'm loving the mini bike scene

Wow where do you guys ride in NYC?
I guess it depends, my Streaker is pretty fast and still has the governor but it has a TAV which helps make it more rideable.

Can't really ride anywhere lol cops will bust you quick ride it for like an hr that's about it any longer then that is pushing it

Maybe you guys no something that I dont, bit what's the point of doing any modifications to a stock industrial engine governed to run at 3600 rpm if you aren't going to remove the governor? You just end up with a more expensive engine that still runs at 3600 rpm, no?

Maybe you guys no something that I dont, bit what's the point of doing any modifications to a stock industrial engine governed to run at 3600 rpm if you aren't going to remove the governor? You just end up with a more expensive engine that still runs at 3600 rpm, no?
Because it will still run better :thumbsup: I would just rejet the carb and with a header and air cleaner it will run much better and there is a trick you can do to the governor to give you a few more rpm's :thumbsup:

If I do remove the governor what do you need after a billet rod and a flywheel ?
That's a good start but from there it is only limited by your wallet and how fast you want to go :laugh: but if you are going that far you might as well get a cam and a head :thumbsup: There are a few good guys here you can talk to, astrowrench and trinik7597 :thumbsup:

$$$$ , no limit ! , what are your goals ? if you want to go 40 to 60 miles per hour you'll need good internal engine mods or crazy gearing which will eliminate all bottom end power , minor mods (jet , intake and header ) will really wake these motors up ! You may only go 30 to 35 mph but it'll get ya there like a rocket !

You could get crazy and build something like my drag bike (bring your wallet)
but that would not be useful to you I don't think. Too much, too specialized.