Current Manufacturers?

Hey guys. Newbie here. Got a serious itch to buy/build the mini bike I never had as a kid.

Not sure the best route to go but I think building one would be pretty cool.

I'm wondering who currently manufactures mini bikes new? Only one I've found is Taco and they sell kits so I'm leaning that way. There must be others though I'm assuming?

I'm not into the crotch rocket/sport bike style at all so that's not what I'm talking about. I know there's tons of Asian junk (no offense) available in that arena.

Good to see a old school mini biker ! :thumbsup: Look threw the classifieds on here....plenty of older original frames for sale.
Welcome aboard !

Greetings.welcome.....Monster Moto is another..not classic look..nice if the company would build a classic flat top frame style and offer Briggs power plants.. ..I'm putting a Briggs Intek on a mm80..so I ain't all bad :D enjoy your build..will be fun!

Last edited:
I see the bare frames and kits being sold on some of the mini bike parts outlets and they want $$$$$ for that stuff! I see lots of reasonably priced newer bikes with 212 predators already swapped on for 2-300$ complete. Some of these aftermarket frames are almost that much bare and the rest of the stuff adds up fast if you want decent parts. In my area right now on craigylist, theres two or three vintage bikes that need resto for 250-300, theres a few newer ones with predators and theres even a bare frame with some assembly components, motor, etc for 100$!

I say, figure out exactly what kind of bike suits you best, and then be a little patient watching craigylist to see what kind of deal you can get. You might find a steal on something you weren't even expecting. I only got mine because I went to a friend's house and it was gathering dust and rust in the corner and suddenly I needed it! One day I might even figure out WHY I need a minibike :scooter:

(SNIP) be a little patient watching craigylist to see what kind of deal you can get. You might find a steal on something you weren't even expecting. I only got mine because I went to a friend's house and it was gathering dust and rust in the corner and suddenly I needed it! One day I might even figure out WHY I need a minibike :scooter:
I've been watching craigslist for the last few months because I kinda want a baja (or anything larger sized with big tires) but they all are either total junk and not worth even looking at or they want just about what you can get them new for. Yeah the wards I'm working on was given to my son for just asking about it from a family friend.

Only one metioned that is still built in USA!!!

Wait a sec... aren't Tacos built in California?

That's the image they portray on their site. Strongly considering one of their "22" kits. I am actually on my way to see the new production lil Indians at Allied Leisure Corp right now. I live in the Detroit area so it's only about a 30 minute ride from my house.

Will post photos tonight.

Well ..if you buy a used db30s old style .toss the 97 or 79cc power plant and put on a Briggs...yeah you will pay double for motor over a predator..but is USA.(not the vanguard Briggs..is non USA) at least from what I read online..you are giving an American the money buying the roller frame...unless.. you want to build a used vintage up ..or...buy new American bike.$$$$..I wanted 3 bikes so I could not afford to rebuild vintage bikes....I am considering buying a Briggs eng if I blow up gx200 clone on my Coleman ct200u...even tho I can get a predator cheap..I got about $1000 in the 3 bikes..depends on what you want or can afford

Last edited:

Biffmini

Be careful with new frames I built one for a freind & the tubing on that frame is cheap and will bend if you look at to hard. Turned out nice but not near the quality of a good old frame...

fistfullabar

Azuza and Taco are made in USA....:confused:
And the Lil Indian frames are actually old stock...they didn't have enough forks for them so they had forks made. so really they are not manufacturing them.
I know azuza has some of there stuff made in china. Be honest i dont like taco so not sure where there being built. Also you can get a 4000$ 2 stroke "Cobra" made in the usa if ya wanna race....