OND's - Bonanza - (Vintage Open)

Just one build for me this year ! Bonanza MX frame .....should be easy ..right ?
This is it bare frame, swing arm, shocks and a jack shaft...nothing special.

:grind::hammer::hack::weld: Let the fun begin ! Good Luck to all the builders this year !:thumbsup:

I"M JUST GLAD TO BE HERE !

Congrats Eric..you are officially the first entry to the 2017 Build Off. Good luck on your build and Thanks for participating. Nice monkey:laugh:

Bonanza , howd I know thar was coming , lol ! Can't wait to see your magic ! Where the heck you found the cheezy1 look - a- like :laugh:

Congrats Eric..you are officially the first entry to the 2017 Build Off. Good luck on your build and Thanks for participating. Nice monkey:laugh:
Bill Thanks....Do I get a Ribbon ? :laugh:

Damn I am glad I didn't put my Bonanza in this class ...Lol... Good luck Eric !!! Can't wait to see what you do with it
Thanks Tim...

Thanks for participating. This should be a good one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thanks Pat...

Bonanza , howd I know thar was coming , lol ! Can't wait to see your magic ! Where the heck you found the cheezy1 look - a- like :laugh:
:laugh::laugh: and Thanks Ang...

Last edited:
"Nothing special"?? I doubt that!! I noticed you didn't mention a powerplant!! :laugh: Great to see another one of your masterpieces take shape!! :thumbsup:

This is the frame when I first got it sometime back. It never ceases to amaze me how people junk these little frames up with welded on pieces and then totally butcher up the engine plate.

Another day off for me today so I'm hoping to get a set of forks made for this frame.

Biffmini

Looking forward to seeing this come back to life... The engine plate sure looks better. Did you just fill or weld sm pcs of steel?

Hey Mark....I ended up using some flat stock then cut them to length.. then welded them in. Looks better, but I still have to work on it a little more yet. :weld::grind:

OK... I've been working on forks this morning and no not the original Bonanza forks . This is a MX frame originally but I'm not going that way with this build. Its going to be more like a small tire BC or smaller bike...I'm going with 6'' wheels and tires. Anyway this is the forks that I came up with, I went a head and bent the handle bars in while I was bending up the forks. Might not use the handle bars....don't know yet, but they would be easy enough to cut off and replace with bolt on bars.

These forks will be externally suspended with chrome springs and welded on spring cups.

Quick mock up with some 6'' wheels and tires that I had on hand. This is the ride height that I'm looking for.

I'm going to have to find some 10" rear shocks to get it at the right height.

Last edited: