t555trailblazer's - Bonanza powered by Chrysler……… Power bee 700 - (Vintage Class)

Crank had a small untapped hole. Needed to get it ready to except a Mini Bike style clutch.

The crank was definitely hardened...... used F drill bit a two flute bottoming tap 5/16-24. They cut nice and it turned out well[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is when I wish I had a full size drill press...I'm sure you did this job in 1/8 the time it took me just to finagle a set up to use my 5" throat table top to drill the same. I'm envious!:laugh: Nice work and cool project, for sure!:thumbsup:

Some original stuff I picked up here an there or came with the bike. Not sure if the throttle is original….Came with the frame when I got it.

Trying to use original hardware when I can find it. The frame did come with decent amount of original nuts and bolts. RBW, no name, and all metal lock nuts

Was able to wrestle the tire off the rim today......... and I didn't destroy the tire or the wheel[emoji847] That job is always a pain for me.
Sandblasted the back sides, hope to polish the fronts.

OldMiniBikes engine mount delivered today. Nice quality and good price… Don't have to make one[emoji16]

Need to move the kill switch and tap the holes on the flywheel side cover.

I did a mock up today with the engine on the mount. Found out my original plan with the carburetor towards the rear of the bike is not going to work, unless I want to burn my left leg on the exhaust… Ouch. I could not see how I could make a header and not be close to to the foot peg.

Delivered today, custom built to order clutch and crankshaft extension to accommodate the power bee. Special thanks goes out to Jim and the folks at Max-torque. A Very standup guy, Great people to work with!!!

I have tried both ways with the engine. Carburetor forward and towards the rear of the bike.
I prefer the look of the carburetor towards the rear and clutch running inboard. Looks like I have enough space to build a header. Just need to come up with a flange that converts the rectangular exhaust port shape to a round tube in a short space and then curve the tube towards the rear of the bike. May have to make a guard or use header wrap if it gets too close to the foot peg.

Hi folks, I had to join the fun!!! Thank you MrPat, cheezy1 and the OldMiniBikes community
for putting on this event[emoji846]

Is this engine a CW or CCW rotation engine ? From this pic I believe I would put the header/muffler in the rear and run the carb stack on the bottom side.
Heres a pic of one of my engines. Just my two cents.

Thanks OND for the suggestion… The engine is CCW rotation. I would always have the PTO on the same side. Just deciding which direction to point the exhaust and carburetor. Either carburetor forward or rotate the engine and point the carburetor towards the rear of the bike..... if I'm thinking correctly.