New Baja re-Build

When I rebuild a baja minibike, I like to strip it down to bare metal, and powder coat EVERYTHING I can. Replacing all bearings and seals. Its a long process, and a little expensive - but the end product turns out great.

(I will update this thread as progress goes until finished)

Here is my newest I am working on:

hC55tKW.jpg

iZG0JhH.jpg

I should have this completed in the next few days.

Last edited:
Nope..i don't have one of these bikes i don't know the baja mb200/warrior and the variants tank size is..this tank not counting tab on back is 13" long x 9" wide and 8" deep and has a tunnel, it holds a little less than gallon of gas as you see is metal,nice cap ...i have one on a mmb80, it is size of db30,but it almost touches the handlebars when i turn and i had to move the seat way back.as expected i would assume someone thinking of this tank would want specs..what are measurements of your tank? There are other alternatives like chopper tanks .most used and no cap or paint issues and bigger. IMG_20170218_223356.jpg

Last edited:
thx I ordered one! - I looked at the honda rebel tanks, I like them however I dont know how long they are. The original MB165 metal gas tanks (fakeys) are 16" long and 10" wide, so lets hope it fits well!

EDIT: I should have looked on ebay, they are going for $65 with free shipping from Cali.. Beats OldMiniBikes's $110 delivered from PA.

Nope..i don't have one of these bikes i don't know the baja mb200/warrior and the variants tank size is..this tank not counting tab on back is 13" long x 9" wide and 8" deep and has a tunnel, it holds a little less than gallon of gas as you see is metal,nice cap ...i have one on a mmb80, it is size of db30,but it almost touches the handlebars when i turn and i had to move the seat way back.as expected i would assume someone thinking of this tank would want specs..what are measurements of your tank? There are other alternatives like chopper tanks .most used and no cap or paint issues and bigger. View attachment 94875

Last edited:
Yeah..i hope you like it..it's the closest tank i could find..others are like 20" or longer and 2 1/2 gallon..too big in my opinion for stock frame mb200.. Did your front shock covers work out you made on the 3D printer?

thx I ordered one! - I looked at the honda rebel tanks, I like them however I dont know how long they are. The original MB165 metal gas tanks (fakeys) are 16" long and 10" wide, so lets hope it fits well!

EDIT: I should have looked on ebay, they are going for $65 with free shipping from Cali.. Beats OldMiniBikes's $110 delivered from PA.

In all honesty the Rebel tank is less than an inch larger in any direction you look....

Here is the stock Baja tank off the wife's Warrior and the Rebel tank underneath it for comparison.

Doug

Last edited:
I did say that the Rebel tank was an option.That pic of the two bikes looks like the tank is way bigger Doug, me not knowing the measurements..I was discussing this because i have seen many people questioning what they could use.Good to have more input.:thumbsup: I was not trying to push anyone to buy a tank right away.If my input did a disservice to anyone i am sorry :frown: i hope that the tank he ordered works for him..looks like choice is either a little bigger or a little smaller

Last edited: