pullstart turning over crankshaft, clutch and back tire...

Latent

OK so I know it's most likely my over torquing of the arc rod bolts, but the engine is in great running condition and as soon as i hit the gas the engine stopped and i went to pull-start it again. After going to pull-start it rotates the rear wheel and crankshaft... I am thinking its because I over-torqued the arc rod bolts and they may have over tightened. I took out the spark-plug and the piston moves freely, however even with the spark-plug hole open when I pull on the pull-start it still moves the back wheels. Just want to make sure its the symptoms of over tightened arc rod bolts. I will remove and assemble them with 170 inch pounds of torque this time. Any point towards the right solution and symptoms are greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

buckeye

Seriously?
You answered you own question.
Go back and relook at your rod.
Stuff is binding or locked on too tight.
Yeah, dying because of unappreciative people.

CarPlayLB

No serious....I don't think its your rod bolts ! Sounds like your clutch is locked up or needs lubing.
Yuup, the rod bolts are probably fine unless your over torqued your stock rod bolts and screamed it to the moon!

You need to check the clutch. If the rod was locked up, nothing would spin. The clutch needs to be lubricated often

Latent

No serious....I don't think its your rod bolts ! Sounds like your clutch is locked up or needs lubing.
Clutch needs lubed or maybe the chain is to tight, I don't think its your rod bolts !
Check the clutch,if it spins the engine when You push the bike,its the drivetrain....
Yuup, the rod bolts are probably fine unless your over torqued your stock rod bolts and screamed it to the moon!

You need to check the clutch. If the rod was locked up, nothing would spin. The clutch needs to be lubricated often
Thank you guys that was my 2nd guess!! I'll try that and report back tomorrow! Thanks for not being a-holes! :thumbsup:

If the rod was tight on the crank It would be hard to pull over or impossible, if the rear wheels are turning that sounds like your clutch froze up.

Latent

If the rod was tight on the crank It would be hard to pull over or impossible, if the rear wheels are turning that sounds like your clutch froze up.
Always coming through with the scientific break down love it. Thank you. Any recommendations for a 24mm flat slide? I've been lurking over your posted threads regarding air flow etc... Looking to add a cheap chinese 24mm flat slide onto my build.

still can't even imagine the correlation between overtightened
rod bolts and the rear wheel spinning latent!

start out simple when diagnosing, maybe your chain is too tight
binding the clutch bushing? lubrication? don't look for a heart attack
in a hang-nail!

:thumbsup: