Havasu Dave's - "Mini Bike" - (Just For Fun)

Super clean nice work!
Thanks Davis, I always appreciate your interest in my projects. I was hoping we'd be treated to another one of yours this year. :thumbsup:

Great detail work. :thumbsup:Just did something similar with my Gilson trail bike to sorta keep the exhaust carbon off the frame and shocks.
I have a similar issue on an original Cat Wildcat with H35. Since that is a stock configuration, I left it alone, and four stroke smoke is not as evil as two stroke oil. In this case, "form follows function," and it is disconcerting to have to wipe oil off the frame, before it drips down to the floor. :laugh:

I am going to make another piece and wrap it further inside the frame. Thinks like this, you just can't hide them.

Great Idea on the exhaust stand off Dave , that should work and look great. :thumbsup: Seat is just awesome I like the color and texture of the covering. Is that Havasu Rattle Snake ??? :wink:
No, just regular snake skin from snakes in the (purple) grass. I can't wait to ride this thing naked!

Just caught up. Continued mad skills. Thanks,Dave.
Thanks Tom. I don't fool myself here. If I start to get big for my britches, I look at a Dave Bonbright engine, or a Dave Miller Bonanza. Chipper said something about my painting before. Pure BS. It's point and shoot, and I screw up more than I do good, and quite honestly, there are (again) some really great builds being finished up right now, that I find superior to this one.

Nice! I like how you decided to go with the GKC big bear engine mount design!
Thanks, I didn't have much of a choice there. I had to raise the engine high enough to clear a JS brake in the back, and the carb/intake in the front. Vince at California Vintage Karts sold me these and said if they didn't work, I could just send them back. Typical of the kart guys I worked with on this project. :thumbsup:

I hope I am not boring anyone here with my over-posting. And thanks [MENTION=1]Hent[/MENTION] for the bandwidth, and Pat and Bill for keeping this organized.

When I started this build in January, it was going to be a "Beer" themed bike. I know, weird, right? :thumbsup: Eric [MENTION=31879]CarPlayLB[/MENTION] had sent me a bunch of various parts, as he does from time to time, and included was a "Beer Run" miniature license plate.

Then on February 6th, as you know, my oldest son passed away unexpectedly, and suddenly I no longer felt like doing much of anything, much less a "Beer" theme on a bike. And so, I kept on with this project, dealt with things, like we all do in life.

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty "Beerish" again, and I dug out that old miniature plate and today, made a stainless steel mount for it. I had to weld on a washer and nut to each leg, then weld it on to my painted bike. (I also made a better exhaust guard)

Point is, things move on, time doesn't wait for me to catch up to it, so Eric, thanks for this, and it looks really good. It will look much better once my seat comes in, so I can hide that repainted area over the welds. :laugh:

CarPlayLB

Atta boy Dave! I am glad I can be a very small part of this monumental build. All of us here can learn from your skills and perseverance! the best mountains to climb are not the small ones! Great job! I am proud of you for motoring through on this, despite all the heartache!

I'm not much of a photographer, and I used the next door neighbor's yard display as a back drop. Rode it quite a bit yesterday, while tuning. It runs and handles pretty good. Thanks to OldMiniBikes for hosting this, as well as those who have commented, offered condolences, advice, parts, and most importantly, who have been a friend to me.

j57little

A classic two-stroke and a one-off custom. Outstanding! I have to ask, how loud is it? Does it have those Harley people shuttering? So cool!!!!!!!

buckeye

I'm not much of a photographer, and I used the next door neighbor's yard display as a back drop. Rode it quite a bit yesterday, while tuning. It runs and handles pretty good. Thanks to OldMiniBikes for hosting this, as well as those who have commented, offered condolences, advice, parts, and most importantly, who have been a friend to me.

Beautiful build Dave.