HarleysPapa - 1972 Fox Thunderbolt MX212 - (Vintage Open)

Ticks are real bad here this year I saw a news report that said the people testing them here in Ct had gotten 30 by this time last year and this year over a thousand :doah:
Randy, this is so simple that it will seem hard to believe BUT...... In the coastal part of SC people buy 3 or 4 Guinea Hens and through out some feed in the back yard. That keeps them in your area and they love ticks. Give them 2 or 3 weeks and you wont see any more ticks. just keep a little feed broadcast in your yard and they will stay right there.

And the bike is looking awesome! :thumbsup:

Doug

Last edited:
Great job Randy!
Randy, this is so simple that it will seem hard to believe BUT...... In the coastal part of SC people buy 3 or 4 Guinea Hens and through out some feed in the back yard. That keeps them in your area and they love ticks. Give them 2 or 3 weeks and you wont see any more ticks. just keep a little feed broadcast in your yard and they will stay right there.

And the bike is looking awesome! :thumbsup:

Doug
Another save of a beautiful bike. Nice work!
Thanks guys :thumbsup: [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] I don't think that would work, the squirrel's and chipmunks and wild birds would eat all the hen food and Finny would chase off if not kill the hens :doah:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] I don't think that would work, the squirrel's and chipmunks and wild birds would eat all the hen food and Finny would chase off if not kill the hens :doah:
Teach Finny that Hens are good...... And the food wont stay around long enough for the wildlife to find it. They come when you rattle the can with the feed in it and they eat until it is gone. You aint setting up a buffet. You just want to keep their interest. A bag of feed will last a couple of months because they scavenge so well but that sweet feed is like Crack to a Hen...

Bike`s looking HOT!!! Should be great in the dirt !
Wow, that looks awesome Randy!
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I got a little done last night and today, we got the mounts for the heat shield welded on last night and today I painted the header :thumbsup: I plan to wrap it tomorrow, I only painted it to keep it from rusting under the wrap :thumbsup: I wanted to get more done this evening but I twisted my ankle today and it was hard enough for me to go out and paint, with a little luck it will feel better tomorrow :thumbsup:

Damn, Randy! The bike looks great!:thumbsup:
Thanks Pete :thumbsup:

Well I got the header wrapped today :thumbsup: I'm still nursing a sore ankle but I think with a little luck I can finish tomorrow or Sunday :thumbsup: If you look close you can see the petcock and I have to take the tank back off to get a wrench on it, guess it could be worse :doah: I do still need to make the mounts for the belt guard but that's not a big deal :thumbsup: