The Powell I Just Missed

My work often takes me to tow lots. Last week I was at a tow lot that I visit often, and I saw a big flatbed trailer loaded with old motorcycles. Most were in pieces and they were all rusty and ruined. Then I spied this Powell on top of the heap. It was all rusty, too, but it looked complete. It even had lights. I found the owner of the tow company and offered to buy it right there. He said that the county had hired him to move the bikes from some land they were clearing and their fate was still undecided. Check back in a week, he said. I went back there today and they were all gone. Tow man said the county had instructed him to send them all to the scrapper and the last he saw of the motorcycles and the Powell was as the big magnet at the scrap yard dropped them into the shredder.

Nobody would have missed the one Powell, the guy missed an opportunity to cash in without hurting anyone and that's just silly. on the other hand there is one less out there so the rarity is rising.:laugh:

Tow man said that he's still got to go back and get some derelict cars from the same site. He said one is a '68 Mustang 4-speed. Same mandate from the county - they go to the crusher. :shrug:

capguncowboy

Tow man said that he's still got to go back and get some derelict cars from the same site. He said one is a '68 Mustang 4-speed. Same mandate from the county - they go to the crusher. :shrug:
Why does the county care what happens to them? I really can't stand bureaucratic nonsense

george3

Sad to see it scrapped. I would of hit him up for the engine, Head and tail light, If I couldn't get the whole bike. 68 mustang down the drain as well.