Summer Project

My grand son Shawn is here for the next 3 or 4 weeks :thumbsup: I got home from work today and had a message from a guy I work with and he said he had a mini bike I could have for free :happybday: Well I had got a rolling frame from [MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION] at Windber but when Shawn and I went and picked this up we both knew that this would be our project and we would save the other one for another time :thumbsup:
Its a Baja that has been modified, it doesn't look too bad but I think the tires they put on it are way too big :doah: They are 21x10-8 I know they rub on the forks so I'm sure the rear will be too wide for the chain too :doah: So I guess the first order will be new tires :thumbsup:
Here are some pic's of what we are starting with and we will keep you updated as we progress :thumbsup:

You can see how tight the front tire is :doah:

They modified the down tube to fit the big tire

The rear tire isn't mounted its just in there :eek:ut: I do have the brake drum and the sprocket but no nut for the axel :doah:

There you go Randy, nice find.

I'm glad your grandson is taking an interest...:thumbsup:

That is a great start for y'alls project, enjoy it...and keep us posted of y'alls progress.

Randy, What do you need????????????????????? Send me a list and cover the shipping and if I have it its on the way..........

That is an MB165 by the metal fenders. I have some plastic MB200 fenders and fake/storage tank in black. I have plenty of brand new tires too.....

And you are correct about the tires and the chain not clearing....

I have a brake lever Ed Zachery like that one too. If you want a spare.....

Doug

Well Shawn and I got some work done on it today :thumbsup: It was hot and keeping hydrated was important :thumbsup:This is Shawn drinking water, my beverage is around somewhere :drinkup:

We aren't sure yet if we will do a full paint job or just clean it up and throw it together :shrug:

We got the old and much too big tires dismounted :thumbsup:We got some parts from OldMiniBikes this week and we went and got a new clone for it today, I got a TAV from OldMiniBikes at Windber that we will be putting too :thumbsup: We also got a set of the right size tires from [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] /Doug and I can thank him enough for his help with this project :thumbsup:

We also got a set of the right size tires from [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] /Doug and I can thank him enough for his help with this project :thumbsup:

Wait until tomorrows mail shows up..... :deal:

Doug

Wait until tomorrows mail shows up..... :deal:

Doug
Well the mail did get here :thumbsup: The spacers and the valve stems are a big help :thumbsup: But the anvil is a great surprise, I am sure it will get lots of use :thumbsup:
I cant thank Doug/ [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] enough :thumbsup:

Randy, What do you need????????????????????? Send me a list and cover the shipping and if I have it its on the way..........

That is an MB165 by the metal fenders. I have some plastic MB200 fenders and fake/storage tank in black. I have plenty of brand new tires too.....

And you are correct about the tires and the chain not clearing....

I have a brake lever Ed Zachery like that one too. If you want a spare.....

Doug
Can I purchase the tank from you?

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

New tires are mounted :thumbsup:

We have a roller :thumbsup: I'm not sure that I like the seat I may do something different :shrug:

And this is the tank I'm going to use just need to make a mount for the front of it :thumbsup: