"Before and After" pics

Very cool Green Streak. Love seeing more of this era Sears bikes. Seem a little more rare to see now days. I recently finished my newest and favorite bike so far a 1981 Sears Puddle Jumper (also heard it called Orange Crush). Very similar to yours except mine came with several extra frame gussets. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these bikes and rarely see them for sale. I like that you got the original tank. I could not find one for the life of me. Ended up having to fab something up.

Very cool Green Streak. Love seeing more of this era Sears bikes. Seem a little more rare to see now days. I recently finished my newest and favorite bike so far a 1981 Sears Puddle Jumper (also heard it called Orange Crush). Very similar to yours except mine came with several extra frame gussets. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these bikes and rarely see them for sale. I like that you got the original tank. I could not find one for the life of me. Ended up having to fab something up.
I also have a Sears Puddle Jumper :)
I restored it this past winter, put a Briggs OHV Animal engine on it with torque concerter and hydraulic rear shocks, new seat from Karen, front brakes etc. Then, I sold it. That was a mistake. It bothered me for a couple months that I sold it. I finally tracked down the guy that bought it and I bought it back from him! So now I have it and the Green Streak, both with Animal engines. These bikes are major fun with 10 hp on them.

Danford1

Here is a before of the Puddle Jumper. I painted it the same stock color so the after pictures don't look much different.

After Pictures

Last edited:
pretty nice ...i like the frame.. its got good suspention maybe the predator has too much power for ya! just kidding bro....what happened to the tecumsha
It isn't a Predator. It has a Briggs and Stratton Animal OHV engine.
I sold a couple Tecumseh engines. I still have a lighted HS40 on a Rupp Hustler, all original. It runs well but has less than half the power of an Animal...
I thought of selling the lighted HS40 and replacing it with an Animal but that would probably make the Rupp purists cringe.
The Sears bikes I have aren't all original type bikes. They have to many "different" parts on them. I don't think there are many Sears purists here to offend. If so, I apologize to them.

Danford1

Perfect !!!
Thanks for the outstanding info and response time :)
Of course I have more questions...
Is that solid urethane or base coat clear coat?

Danford1

Last edited:
Perfect !!!
Thanks for the outstanding info and response time :)
Of course I have more questions...
Is that solid urethane or base coat clear coat?

Danford1
If my memory serves me well, base coat, clear coat. OldMiniBikes member Shovelhead painted it. Carlos, wanna chime in?

Last edited:
t
If my memory serves me well, base coat, clear coat. OldMiniBikes member Shovelhead painted it. Carlos, wanna chime in?
Danford1, the paint is Nason urethane basecoat clear coat. The clear is Dupont Chroma Clear 2400S. I used a white sealer to seal the parts. That made it easier to get the blue to cover.

This use to be a dirt bike at one time, then someone turned into a modified three wheeler and then I turned into a modified two wheeler. It has a 1950s style Wisconsin engine with a 40 series clutch setup. It may look strange, but it runs good and is fun to ride.
I actually like the look of the bike, however, that spinning/exposed rope start cup is an accident/injury just waiting to happen. I would fabricate some sort of guard over it or (better) adapt a conventional recoil start for it.
Michael