Not a big fan of this site.

capguncowboy

Brian, I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. I looked through your want ads and it seems like most of them were answered. We can't catch every unicorn or they wouldn't be unicorns. There are a few guys that sit on stuff, deliberately hoarding parts, but I think it's safe to say that most of us will turn loose of parts to help someone else if we have them.

What exactly are you looking for right now? I'd be happy to take a look through my inventory and help you out if I can.

The problem with that philosophy is that everyone around the globe would be constantly roaming looking for a nonexistent utopia, running away from everything that's difficult.

Brian, I'd recommend sticking it out. Might seem weird that this is my first post, but I've been around the internet block with well over 20k posts across several forums and have felt the same way before, but it's always gotten better as people get to know you and you get to know them. I've read through the forum a bit before registering and this looks like a good place to rap about minibike stuffs.

I have not found there to be a "clique" situation on this board. There are a lot of folks that post regularly, and those folks have an online relationship, but it certainly isn't exclusionary.
I've asked for plenty of help, and gotten it.
I've looked for parts, and purchased them.
I've even met a couple of members in person.

If you're looking for help related to minibikes, and camaraderie, this is a great place to find it. Best place for it on the internet as far as I'm concerned. As mentioned earlier in this thread, buying and selling is best done in a marketplace, not a discussion forum. You don't go to Walmart for advice and friendship. You go there to buy stuff. You don't join a bowling league to sell bowling balls. You join for camaraderie.

Joe

cfh

I think the site could be improved. for example, when you do a post, it should ask you what the general subject matter is about. have a category for each minibike brand. a briggs, tec and predator(clone) motor section, etc. Then have links to these categories. so if you want information on a particular brand of bike, or type of motor, it's in its own sub-category. but when you come to the site ALL posts are listed in the main URL (by date), like it is now. this way people could find all the posts about a particular machine/subject in one place.

the only problem with this, someone would have to do the coding... not sure if the people here are that geeky! ha!

chrisr

I have not found there to be a "clique" situation on this board. There are a lot of folks that post regularly, and those folks have an online relationship, but it certainly isn't exclusionary.
I've asked for plenty of help, and gotten it.
I've looked for parts, and purchased them.
I've even met a couple of members in person.

If you're looking for help related to minibikes, and camaraderie, this is a great place to find it. Best place for it on the internet as far as I'm concerned. As mentioned earlier in this thread, buying and selling is best done in a marketplace, not a discussion forum. You don't go to Walmart for advice and friendship. You go there to buy stuff. You don't join a bowling league to sell bowling balls. You join for camaraderie.

Joe
Summarized nicely!

cfh

Click the button that says Forum.All that is there.
yea i get that. but when you post it should ask where you want it to go. all my posts, for example, don't seem to get categorized. unless some one is doing that later? also i would like to see categories for each brand of bikes. ruttman, rupp, etc etc. And when you post you can click multiple categories for your post to show.

just an idea. maybe a bad one though... ha!

I think the site could be improved. for example, when you do a post, it should ask you what the general subject matter is about. have a category for each minibike brand. a briggs, tec and predator(clone) motor section, etc. Then have links to these categories. so if you want information on a particular brand of bike, or type of motor, it's in its own sub-category. but when you come to the site ALL posts are listed in the main URL (by date), like it is now. this way people could find all the posts about a particular machine/subject in one place.

the only problem with this, someone would have to do the coding... not sure if the people here are that geeky! ha!
There are probably over a 100 brands of mini bikes. Check the photo section to see just some of the brands listed. You could never have a category for every bike. First page of the forum has all the categorys. If you are looking for something special, do a google "custom search" at the top of the page.

cfh

hmmm is there a definitive list of minibike brands anywhere?
that would be a cool thing to have here.
with basic "in business from 19xx to 19yy" type info and location...

I'm a member on a pinball forum and there's like 5000 different machines. but when you post, it does an internal search of your post of the wording, and matches it against an internal database. then it suggests a link to a game name(s) for your post. that way it's categorized by game. i mean that would be a lot of work i guess, but it would be cool.

Last edited:
In 6yrs this is the 1st I've even seen your name here so you must not have tried that hard to buy or sell anything, I especially pay attention to the classifieds but still I can't remember seeing anything of yours there. We are allowed to bump an ad once a week even, I think if you really tried I would have seen at least one post from you here.

yea i get that. but when you post it should ask where you want it to go. all my posts, for example, don't seem to get categorized. unless some one is doing that later? also i would like to see categories for each brand of bikes. ruttman, rupp, etc etc. And when you post you can click multiple categories for your post to show.

just an idea. maybe a bad one though... ha!
I challenge you to find a more comprehensive minibike site anywhere.

In 6yrs this is the 1st I've even seen your name here so you must not have tried that hard to buy or sell anything, I especially pay attention to the classifieds but still I can't remember seeing anything of yours there. We are allowed to bump an ad once a week even, I think if you really tried I would have seen at least one post from you here.
He has been a member for 31 days.:doah: