Post your cars!

Nice Nova! Here’s my 1954 Chevy Truck in front of my neighbors house . he also has a 41 Chevy in the garage. I asked him if he would sell me the 54’ Chevy in the driveway and the Old guy said “I can’t, it’s the newest car I Own!”[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joe, your friend has some gorgeous vehicles. I've always wanted a fat fender truck and we have some good not too rusty ones here in Oklahoma but I'm looking to spend up to 10k for the right relatively rust free example wearing old paint, I refuse to babysit another paint job so this truck will be like my 84 LWB and wear it's patina proudly. Someone asked me how I got my 84 to look like it does and I laughed, it wears it's original paint or what's left of it. Should there be rust I have a kid who's done some work for me in the past who can cut a phone book size chunk out of a quarter panel and replace it with no evidence he was ever there from the outside, the young man is already a master metal worker at 22yrs old.

SAS289

Here's a '68 Mustang that I had when I was in college, around 1980 or so. Wish I had the VIN handy so I could decode it. This was pretty special, w/4spd, disc brakes and limited slip axle. I found the build sheet tucked into the driver's seat back and it confirmed that the car came this way. Shame on me for letting it go.

Nice! What engine? Did it have a 9" out back?

The engine was a 302 4bbl. The rear axle was 8" limited slip. I took the diff apart and put in new clutch discs.
The car is a little odd Tom. It has an early round base antenna. Which leans towards a 289. The 302 4 bbl cars were 68 1/2 cars and typically had a square base antenna. The car also has late 68 rear side markers. Which go along with the 302. That engine was only used for that half year run. Never used in 69. Those cars are a lot of fun. Being a 4 speed and a limited slip makes it a low production combination. Good color too.

SAS289

The car is a little odd Tom. It has an early round base antenna. Which leans towards a 289. The 302 4 bbl cars were 68 1/2 cars and typically had a square base antenna. The car also has late 68 rear side markers. Which go along with the 302. That engine was only used for that half year run. Never used in 69. Those cars are a lot of fun. Being a 4 speed and a limited slip makes it a low production combination. Good color too.
Wasn't the 68 302 one of the best pre fox body non Boss 302's you could get? I think that year they had 289 hipo type rods?

Wasn't the 68 302 one of the best pre fox body non Boss 302's you could get? I think that year they had 289 hipo type rods?
Yes the "J" code 68 302 was the highest performance 302 of the non Boss variety. It was a 230 horse hydraulic cam engine that was just fun. It was only produced the second half of 68.

I owned a 68 Cougar XR7 with one in it way back in the early 70's. Triple black car that I wish I still had.... One of a handful that I let get away. Including a 71 Hemi GTX with bucket seats.... NO console..... Column shift...... AND power windows and drivers seat.... Had a 71 Cougar GT. Several 4 speed/6cylinder early Mustangs and a couple of 4 speed/6 cylinder 65 falcons... A 65 Valiant 200 6 cylinder/ 4 speed. 62 Rambler American with a flat head 6 and 3 speed with overdrive floor shifted with 2 sticks. And a 62 Pontiac Tempest 4 cylinder/4 barrel/4 speed. Red with red guts...