Minibike Dirt Racing in MI. ???

delray

if you decide to have drag racing at that car show event? you might want to think of having 3 or 4 different classes. or no one will really enjoy coming and racing. for example if some guys show up with flatheads and some stock mild clones(196-212) or modified clones(196-212) and then you have couple guys show up with heavy modified 420+cc ..........game over for all the other guys.

Symco Mini Bike Drags
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...ender-125ft-clay-track-drags-aug-10-12-a.html

cfh

I'm in Brighton. Have a great place to meet (10 acres), but not race. The problem with racing is frankly insurance. My agent would KILL me if he knew we were racing on my property. i could ask the guy across the street (100 acres). i ride there, but there isn't much upside to him letting other use it, so i'm not sure what he would say.

I'm in Brighton. Have a great place to meet (10 acres), but not race. The problem with racing is frankly insurance. My agent would KILL me if he knew we were racing on my property. i could ask the guy across the street (100 acres). i ride there, but there isn't much upside to him letting other use it, so i'm not sure what he would say.
All of that sounds awesome! I am kicking around the idea of having a meet up at 3 Fires Elementary School here in Howell. We used to have pick up street hockey games with tons of people at schools in the area, and 3 Fires doesn't have houses close to it except for 1 farm house... but, I have ridden my bike there several times with no issues. It'd be nice to have a little meet and greet type deal for anybody who would be interested in racing. I'm actually from the Chesterfield/New Baltimore area originally so i'm not sure where many of the other schools and places are. It's my personal belief that as long as we're not disturbing anybody, and we have helmets and such, nobody should have much of an issue with our presence... but, from the little I know of the police force around here they don't seem like the friendliest bunch...

But yeah... Saturday? Anyone?

cfh

Could meet up at my place. Have a paved parking lot and a gravel parking lot. Also have a shaded picnic area too. But again the insurance is what worries me. It’s on a dirt road so you could probably ride up and down that and there really isn’t any houses. I can talk to the guy about riding across the street and see if he’s OK with that. He’s got a lot of trails and dirt roads

Sounds good to me. I don't know much about legal documents but I know that for me, i'd be happy to sign a waiver or any type of document stating that I assume all personal liability. We're riding roided out childrens toys basically.... haha, so, anybody who isn't willing to sign something like that proooobably shouldn't even come out in the first place! :)

cfh

documents don't mean squat. there's always a loop hole. the best approach is complete avoidance! of course that's not much fun.

i guess you need to do this...
1. pick a date.
2. get a list of who is interested.
3. get the bike model/make they ride. (are these 'stage3' motors???)

documents don't mean squat. there's always a loop hole. the best approach is complete avoidance! of course that's not much fun.

1. pick a date.
Well, how about this: I have an old Facebook group I created for an R/C Racing Team I was in... so, we could use that FB page to have people join up since it's just a few nerdy guys like me who belong to it. And that way we can also post pictures/group chat/etc.. to get all of the details sorted out. Plus if there are any last minute changes everybody will get a notifications on their phones/laptops, instead of having to check the forums constantly.

If this sounds good to you guys, the page name is "Team Eskie Racing" (named after my late great dog, "Lil", who was an American Eskimo. I mention this detail because having that information makes it pretty easy to spot which profile in the group is mine.), and my name is Evan.

1. pick a date.
Oh, and in regards to the motors. I have zero idea what anybody is running really. Mine is pretty straightforward and definitely no drag bike.

Monster Moto 80, swapped for Predator "363"
Governor Removed
NR Racing Air Intake
NR Racing 3 Stage Header
#36 jet + "trick" Emulsion tube
ARC Billet Flywheel and Connecting Rod
18LB Springs
Dynocams CS Grind Clone Core Cam
Stock tires
Stock brakes
Stock frame except for custom made engine mounts which are basically just cut and drilled pieces of heavy aluminum.
13t Clutch
Stock 70t rear Sprocket
Crappy #35 Chain cause i'm poor. :-D

Everything i've read says my bike should be wheelying like crazy, but it isn't... so I don't think it's tuned properly... which would make sense since I did it all myself and this is my first real motor work on any type of vehicle EVER. But I ride a motorcycle year round (except snow) and i'd say its top speed with the stock gearing is probably around 40... but it's hard to estimate that low to the ground. I have about 20-30 minutes total ride time on it so far so i'm still learning to be fast on it.

cfh

yea that's a pretty scary sounding motor set up. if we're doing my place, to keep things SANE, i would want people with stock motors. Flat heads preferred, vintage bikes preferred, but stock predator formats good too. you get that crazy stuff going, and everyone DIES. then my insurance guy kills me.

cfh

Personally I don’t ride on asphalt. The only Asphalt that my place has is the main parking lot. Everything else is dirt or gravel or some combination of the two. The hundred acres across the street is an old gravel and sand pit. All kinds of dirt and lots of trails.

yea that's a pretty scary sounding motor set up. if we're doing my place, to keep things SANE, i would want people with stock motors. Flat heads preferred, vintage bikes preferred, but stock predator formats good too. you get that crazy stuff going, and everyone DIES. then my insurance guy kills me.
Welp... I won't lie to you man. I was scared enough to break the side cover off so as much as i'd like to race i'm not down to swap out my installed parts for the stock stuff. i appreciate what you're saying but if you're thinking aftermarket parts are something that worries you then I think we might be on different pages. I just want folks to have fun.

cfh

i'm old school. wait, i'm just old! i have a couple bikes with stock predators (governors removed) and those things are scary fast. and they're stock! i don't need to go fast on a minibike. i do like how they start first pull every time and seem very reliable and are $100 brand new. but i don't like their 'look' nor their aggressive personality.