1969 Rupp Roadster

JohnC

I have been lucky enough to have a chance to build a 1969 Rupp Roadster. My dad found a Roadster and I found one with the combination of parts I have been able to build my favorite mini bike. Unfortunately I dont have a original H50 with a Lightning coil but for now this H60 works just fine. Here are some pictures of where I am at in my build.

Attachments

I have been lucky enough to have a chance to build a 1969 Rupp Roadster. My dad found a Roadster and I found one with the combination of parts I have been able to build my favorite mini bike. Unfortunately I dont have a original H50 with a Lightning coil but for now this H60 works just fine. Here are some pictures of where I am at in my build.
My favorite bike of all time. Looks great. The 69 is a true mini bike. Nice score, good for you. Now I want one. Dammm. Sold mine 7 years ago after a restoration. Wish I kept it now.. Screenshot_2018-10-01-21-20-38.png Mark

JohnC

Yes I do love this bike , that is a super nice one in your pictures! Cant wait to ride mine! I mock it up just to see Haha. Waiting on correct handlebars in the mail now. Than it's going to be all done and bolted up!

Attachments

I have an H50, I have a lighting coil for it but the flywheel is not a lighting flywheel. runs good, just went through it. I also have a second H50 (red) no lighting coil or flywheel but is a newer engine. i also have some extra 1969 parts

image1 copy.jpeg image1 copy.jpeg image1.jpeg

JohnC

Well last night I was lucky enough to meet a guy of a Facebook mini bike page who had bought a mini bike with a Lighted H50. I talked to him for awhile and we managed to make a amazing trade. Little did I know untill I got home just how nice this motor is. I also recieved a old 12t 3/4 Mercury Clutch. Cant wait to get the motor all done up for my Roadster!

Attachments

Well last night I was lucky enough to meet a guy of a Facebook mini bike page who had bought a mini bike with a Lighted H50. I talked to him for awhile and we managed to make a amazing trade. Little did I know untill I got home just how nice this motor is. I also recieved a old 12t 3/4 Mercury Clutch. Cant wait to get the motor all done up for my Roadster!
This looks like it might be a 2006 go to www.hunker.com

markus

Notice the holes in the blower housing? It’s not an original mini bike engine, but it could possibly be a ‘69. If you take the engine model number and check it will tell you what year.

Actually it is a MB/Kart engine, you can even make out the outline of the checkered crossflag decals that they started to use in 1970-1978 on recreational use mini bike and kart engines only. That is how the fuel line was run on tanked engines, but was also found off and on on remote ones as well....that one obviously was a tanked engine from the factory originally though.

JohnC

Thanks for the information I only thought maby 1969 because of the 69 in the Serial #. Which is still awsome for my 1969 Roadster. Its definitely a mini bike engine. Considering the throttle linkage and the Flag Decals. I have a picture of the bike it came on. I will post a picture of. It was a big tire bike with a torque converter.

Attachments