I got some go carts

tomc

I just got three go carts. One is a Manco Sidekick, with a Tecumseh engine, The other two, I don't know. One of them has '93 model Briggs engine. 20190429_133948.jpg 20190429_133958.jpg 20190429_134018.jpg 20190429_134153.jpg 20190429_134419.jpg
Some kind of animal, I guess, has chewed the steering wheel all up on the Manco. I will have to try to smooth that down. One of the other carts has a roll cage. I'm thinking it might be the best one for my three grandsons to ride.

Good score on the Manco, with a cool engine. Check the going rate for some of those exhausts. ;) The steering wheel appears to be Manco only. Too bad, I have a new Asusa wheel I'll never use. You could get an Azusa end and weld it to the Manco shaft and have yourself a nice pretty chrome wheel.

Here is the PDF of a the owners manual for the Manco, if you don't already have it. http://kartingdistributors.com/pdfs/gokarts-minibikes/model-400/400_operatorsmanual_40016.pdf

Harquebus

Good ID on the Manco model 400.
Not a bad endeavor to attempt fixing the steering wheel--maybe use some heat (heat gun/blowtorch) and sandpaper to help re-form it, but it looks like it's toast as far as beauty is concerned.

The kart with the roll cage looks like a Carter Brothers model 2575. The roll cage doesn't show in the basic manual but after the formation of the Nanny State and the class action lawsuit era, they became mandatory. Carter Bros might have added a supplementary parts list for it later on.

Harquebus

The last one might be a Ken-Bar kart but closer photos would help.

Looks like the Manco was last configured to fit a small kid as the pedals are flipped 180° moving them closer to the seat. They're best flipped back around and switched right to left/left to right, so they arch away from the driver.

Get that Tecumseh and Briggs running--I bet they just need a minor tuneup/carb cleaning. Flatheads rule!

Is leaning karts against a tree now the preferred method of display? :D

tomc

The last one might be a Ken-Bar kart but closer photos would help.

Looks like the Manco was last configured to fit a small kid as the pedals are flipped 180° moving them closer to the seat. They're best flipped back around and switched right to left/left to right, so they arch away from the driver.

Get that Tecumseh and Briggs running--I bet they just need a minor tuneup/carb cleaning. Flatheads rule!

Is leaning karts against a tree now the preferred method of display? :D
I had the kart leaning against the tree because I had washed it and it has indoor/outdoor carpet glued down and I was draining the water so it will dry. I will now use some high pressure air to help it some and let the high 70s temps forecast for the next few days do the drying.
The Briggs, being a '93 model means it has pointless ignition, so if I can get the fuel system clean it should run again. I have had good luck in the past with Tecumseh engines, and others so I can probably get it running too. The chains are beyond saving but that's no big deal. Tires too, are probably not useable. Good for me, I collect and restore garden tractors so I have a Harbor Freight tire changer for small tires and can change them without much blood, sweat, and tears. Some of the wheels are the two-piece wheels that bolt together, even easier!
Personally, I always prefer to use a good old flathead Briggs, Tecumseh, Clinton, etc instead of a Chinese repop engine. Just my opinion.

tomc

Oh, and thanks for the manual Dave.
And that steering wheel damage might be from a Bigfoot. Suppose they
chew steering wheels? They are known to be in this area!

I don't suppose anyone supplies the decal for the Manco Sidekick do they?

tomc

My friend (now lives in central FL retired in an RV with his wife, horses, and pit bulls) used to do studies of Big Foot when he owned some property in upstate NY. He was also on a couple of radio shows.

https://www.amazon.com/Living-Among...ocphy=9030350&hvtargid=pla-490984511480&psc=1
Unfortunately I was half kidding about bigfoots being in my "area". The nearest "confirmed" and video taped sighting was several miles away. I am fascinated by the research being done and would love to see one and have interaction with them. If I were physically able I would be a researcher myself.

Unfortunately I was half kidding about bigfoots being in my "area". The nearest "confirmed" and video taped sighting was several miles away. I am fascinated by the research being done and would love to see one and have interaction with them. If I were physically able I would be a researcher myself.
I was not being facetious. The link goes to a book my friend published, and he did another one I believe. I've known him a couple of decades at least. Once he retired from his computer business, he bought a trawler and cruised down the ICW to FL, sold it, bought the motorhome, and stayed. When he began his big foot investigating, several of us thought he was joking, but he did this with his wife for a few years. I remain skeptical, but to find it fascinating contemplating the myriad things we humans are interested in. I lived in Eastern NC for a couple of years, but always liked the mountains of your state far better.

tomc

I was not being facetious. The link goes to a book my friend published, and he did another one I believe. I've known him a couple of decades at least. Once he retired from his computer business, he bought a trawler and cruised down the ICW to FL, sold it, bought the motorhome, and stayed. When he began his big foot investigating, several of us thought he was joking, but he did this with his wife for a few years. I remain skeptical, but to find it fascinating contemplating the myriad things we humans are interested in. I lived in Eastern NC for a couple of years, but always liked the mountains of your state far better.
I understand Dave. I believe in the existence of Bigfoot, although I can't explain them. I'm just saying they are not actually "known" to inhabit my back yard, Although, my wife, my neighbors, and I have heard some sounds coming from the surrounding woods at times that we cannot identify, and my wife and I grew up here in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains all of our lives and are familiar with most of the sounds made by the known wildlife. The sounds caused other animals to go silent and made the dogs retreat back into the house. I would love to get a picture or some video of one or more if the opportunity ever presents itself.

pomfish

OK, here's the thing with Bigfoot's, if they exist, they have to mate, live a life cycle and die.
Why, after all these years of searching for them are there absolutely no skeletons, no bones, nothing??
Do other Bigfoot's come and hide the carcass or the Aliens come and remove them?
None of them ever get hit by a train, truck, automobile?
Because they don't exist.

Steve73

OK, here's the thing with Bigfoot's, if they exist, they have to mate, live a life cycle and die.
Why, after all these years of searching for them are there absolutely no skeletons, no bones, nothing??
Do other Bigfoot's come and hide the carcass or the Aliens come and remove them?
None of them ever get hit by a train, truck, automobile?
Because they don't exist.
I have had 2 times where i heard them and the 2nd time we saw them face to face. i ride in the woods alot and up here in washington state sometimes the woods is a bit creepy if you go deep enough in.