1970 cat 400x

Steve73

Hopefully soon I will get to painting. Picked up some paint by my house and made a sample. This right here is a candy yellow with multi colored flake over a metallic silver base. Rattle cans.

Steve....can you post a close up pic of the bearings you have installed. I ask because if those are the bearings that I think they are, you are gonna have problems.

The original bearings inner race protrudes out....acting as a spacer that distances it from the rear axle tabs and the front fork axle “keepers”. That’s make sense !?

Just don’t want you to run into problems that can be caught before assembly.

Steve73

Steve....can you post a close up pic of the bearings you have installed. I ask because if those are the bearings that I think they are, you are gonna have problems.

The original bearings inner race protrudes out....acting as a spacer that distances it from the rear axle tabs and the front fork axle “keepers”. That’s make sense !?

Just don’t want you to run into problems that can be caught before assembly.
Yes you are right. The original bearings were equivalent to wheel barrow bearings. I just use a small washer it fill the tiny gap and it works for me.

Steve73

After work finally got around to doing some painting. The original color was Regal Metallic Gold that looked more like grey poupon color which was a pain to get cleaned off.

The picture is pretty obvious but for those that like explanations basically it is this. Silver metallic paint, then on top of that a candy or transparent yellow paint with multi colored flake mixed in then clear coated over everything including the decal. inCollage_20190613_234622896.jpg