International handmade old school mini

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Look at that bike...you built the entire thing from scratch, and it is beautiful.

Keep up the good work...!
I admit, this was my biggest mistake so far. There has been a lot of tweaking around, but never got way messed up. If this is the largest issue, I am good (still frustrated though :scooter:).

I took the bike around the parking lot last night on a first test ride. The sidecar makes it ride tippy, it wants to lean to the left when turning to the right. I knew that was going to be the case. It is sort of like riding an old three-wheeler. What I did not expect was the power that it has. I was just starting to get comfortable with it and started to accelerate. I was instantly laying on my back. I was surprised because I did not try to go fast, just moving around the yard. I am going to have to be careful as I get the feel of the bike.

I hope there will be pics of the grandkids on their rides. :)
I tried tonight to get some pics of them riding in the sidecar but they wad something going on. If the rain holds off for a while tomorrow I will get pics and video. My two neighbors and I were riding it for a bit. They both want to build a bike too.

I took the bike around the parking lot last night on a first test ride. The sidecar makes it ride tippy, it wants to lean to the left when turning to the right. I knew that was going to be the case. It is sort of like riding an old three-wheeler. What I did not expect was the power that it has. I was just starting to get comfortable with it and started to accelerate. I was instantly laying on my back. I was surprised because I did not try to go fast, just moving around the yard. I am going to have to be careful as I get the feel of the bike.
Probably going to have to look at changing the gearing, but you really won't know until you have some total weight in the bike. Those clones are pretty torquey.

I will round up small children today to practice with. I think it will ride well with one in the sidecar as ballance. I think when I flipped it back I slid all the way back in the seat regret when I throttled it. No side weight and overweight in the rear made it happen. The bike has plenty of torque and power. One of my coworkers built two bikes and he said that some of his friends have gone over backwards from torque till they get the hang of the bike. New gearing may be in the future, I should know after the weekend.

So I took a video today of the bike with a small child on it. I have no idea in the world how to post it here, the software does not seem to allow the posting of video files.

If you haven't posted the video on a hosting site like You Tube and the like, and it's just raw video, you can upload it to the Media section here. Add Media, select Main, then Upload, and then copy and paste the url here.

Ok, I got it to post. It does not work from my iPad, I uploaded it from my phone and it uploaded.

The person riding is a friend of mine, my granddaughter is in the sidecar. She was very happy.

That is great ! Man she is smiling.

Your work is amazing.

Something I wondered just now, not initially realizing little tiny folks would be riding in the side car... but after watching, it looks too easy for her left hand to get too close to moving parts and or heat. Did you address any sort of 'chain guard' or protection screen on the side car side ? to protect little curious hands ?

Edit: Please take this as constructive. I love to see the kids smile, and want to keep them smiling. Thanks.

That is great ! Man she is smiling.

Your work is amazing.

Something I wondered just now, not initially realizing little tiny folks would be riding in the side car... but after watching, it looks too easy for her left hand to get too close to moving parts and or heat. Did you address any sort of 'chain guard' or protection screen on the side car side ? to protect little curious hands ?

Edit: Please take this as constructive. I love to see the kids smile, and want to keep them smiling. Thanks.
There are places that can be close to touch. The tubing on the right side is the handle to hold on too. The chain is on the other side s that is not an issue. The exausted us in the stock location, I am going to build a differant muffler, just needed to finish it up for now.

Both the granddaughter and grandson had the largest smiles on their faces I have ever seen.