Looks like Go power sports bought out Mega Moto

I74

Just talked to a guy @ Go power sports about their new mini bike street tires ect, & found out that they bought Mega Moto.
He said that they are supposed to get bikes & parts rolling in next week.

For anybody interested,,
The 15 by 5 by 6 ''Ultimate mini bike street tire'' they offer, is really cool,, & only 25 bucks+ ship.
They have a good pic with a pair on a MM-105, & they look really sharp. :cool:
The guy said that they really like these tires a lot, & they are a perfect street replacement for the MM80, 105,, & E-1000
The tire is actually 14 1/4 tall
P/N is : KD15565STR

They also offer a 13 by 5 by 6 version for 18+ bucks
It is actually only 11 inches tall though.

Ian

Interesting...
I wonder if they assumed MM's debt and legal problems that I imagine they would have had from the Ruston debacle.

I have the 13x5.00-6 and 13x6.50-6 sizes of that tire and can confirm the 11" OD, those are Cat-Eye pocket bike tires (possibly used on other pocket bikes, not sure). It's nice that there's a higher profile tire available for those who don't want the low profile, but it doesn't look anywhere near as cool! :cool: The 13x6.50-6 looks absolutely BA! It needs a wider wheel than a stock MM, DB, MBX, CT-100U wheel, though (stock wheel can be widened), stock wheel is fine for the 13x5.00-6. The 15x5.00-6 should be about the same OD as 145/70-6 stock tires so they wouldn't require other changes; the 11" OD tires pretty much necessitate a smaller rear sprocket and a shortened kickstand.

13x6.50-6 :p
13x6.50-6 1.jpg

I thought I'd seen every small tire made but this is the first time I've seen that 15x5.00-6. I'm curious as to what the OE application would be.

I74

I thought I'd seen every small tire made but this is the first time I've seen that 15x5.00-6. I'm curious as to what the OE application would be.
Not sure what they were figured for, but they ought to be the cat's meow for both our modded MM bikes,, as we mostly cruise the concrete finished streets in our large subdivision. :cool:

Mega Moto would have already dealt with Monster Moto money and legal issues hence the name change .I'll believe go power bought them when there is proof.

So now gopowersports can manufacture mm bikes????
What does this mean????
If this is true, GPS will probably just import them from the same Chinese manufacturer as before. They may adjust the model lineup, MM had a lot of variations of the MM-B80, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those eliminated. They may introduce new models, adding rear suspension to the Pro Series might happen if they think a higher priced model would sell. GPS was selling the MM suspension fork kit for $110 plus shipping when we were buying them for $80 w/ free shipping, I hope that doesn't foretell much higher parts and/or minibike prices. I've never bought anything from GPS because I could always find a much better deal elsewhere.

I said "If this is true" because I couldn't find anything about it online. Information on such acquisitions can often be found online, such as when APT Group purchased Motoped in 2014 and later shuttered Motovox to focus on Motoped, I found that information back then by searching.

I74

If this is true, GPS will probably just import them from the same Chinese manufacturer as before. They may adjust the model lineup, MM had a lot of variations of the MM-B80, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those eliminated. They may introduce new models, adding rear suspension to the Pro Series might happen if they think a higher priced model would sell. GPS was selling the MM suspension fork kit for $110 plus shipping when we were buying them for $80 w/ free shipping, I hope that doesn't foretell much higher parts and/or minibike prices. I've never bought anything from GPS because I could always find a much better deal elsewhere.

I said "If this is true" because I couldn't find anything about it online. Information on such acquisitions can often be found online, such as when APT Group purchased Motoped in 2014 and later shuttered Motovox to focus on Motoped, I found that information back then by searching.
Yea, I was wondering about the potential higher prices ect. also,, Charles.
I haven't made a purchase from GPS ''yet'' either, as they never seem to have much for coupon codes, or free shipping on lower total orders ect.
When I talked to the guy, I also asked him if they had any code deals, or any coming up,, & he said that all they had was free shipping on orders over 300 bucks, & didn't know of any upcoming promo code deals. :rolleyes:

If they were smart, they should put up a 10 - 15% off deal for us members here.;)

I haven't made a purchase from GPS ''yet'' either, as they never seem to have much for coupon codes, or free shipping on lower total orders ect.
When I talked to the guy, I also asked him if they had any code deals, or any coming up,, & he said that all they had was free shipping on orders over 300 bucks, & didn't know of any upcoming promo code deals. :rolleyes:

If they were smart, they should put up a 10 - 15% off deal for us members here.;)
I agree!!!

Ya I'm worried about the pricing too!

Cars and Cameras and Red Beard's Garage often provide a 10% off GPS coupon code in their YT videos (or at least they used to, I don't watch many of their videos because I consider C&C and RBG hacks, hammering axles through wheels, etc., drives me nuts), but even with 10% off better deals can be found. Looks like GPS may be your only source for those 15x5.00-6 tires, though, I couldn't even find them on eBay! o_O Their price on the tire is pretty good if the shipping is reasonable. I don't want/need them, was just curious because I hadn't seen them before your post.

I74

Yea, those guys seem to work a bit - 'mid evil' ,, Charles. :rolleyes: :D LOL
I tried using their codes this last winter for a potential order, but they were not valid,, so I ordered elsewhere.
Searched around for the 15'' tires also, but it looks like GPS only has them.
I did find the 13's elsewhere though.
Shipping on the 15's to me is just under 12 bucks.
I

I tried using their codes this last winter for a potential order, but they were not valid,, so I ordered elsewhere.
Those codes are probably valid for a short time. You could subscribe to their channels to get an alert when a new video is posted.
Searched around for the 15'' tires also, but it looks like GPS only has them.
Makes me wonder if GPS contracted the manufacturer to have them made just for GPS.
I did find the 13's elsewhere though.
The 13x5.00-6 is usually easy to find, the 6.50 comes and goes.
Shipping on the 15's to me is just under 12 bucks.
I added 4 of the 15x5.00-6 tires to cart and used their shipping calculator and got $26.73 for FedEx Ground, total of $126.53, not bad at all.