Wanted

J.L.

Looking for a Cat model/style minibike from around the 1970 - 71 timeframe. I know this is a long shot, but I was looking at a video of a swap meeting that took place in Saline, Michigan where I saw a bike being sold by I guess one of the local vendors. The bike was being displayed on the outside with about 7 or 8 other bikes. The specific bike I am interested in was black, had a seat covered in black and white leopard skin material, had shocks front and rear. There was one unique thing about the bike, it had a label on the front that said "Scat Bat".....looked like a purple bat riding a minibike. I have an image of the bike and can post it. Does anyone know how I might be able to get a list of vendors who may have been a part of the show? Unfortunately, the video I saw was shot 3 years ago. Yeah I know, it's a long shot. I believe the event was being sponsored by "Old School Minibikes". I sent an email message to the email address (fmathson@comcast.net) that was posted at the Old School MiniBike Facebook page and it failed. Any suggestions? IMG_0683.jpg IMG_0693.jpg IMG_0693.jpg

There's a member here on the site who sells the decals for all those old bikes, including that "Scat Bat" sticker. I regret that I don't remember who it is, but if I can find him, I'll post a link. Saw it yesterday. Anyway and however, it's a little=known fact that the purple garters were sold separately on the bikes with the OEM leopard skin seats, so you'll have to pop-in to a Victoria's Secret or some such spot to "complete the build" should you decide to replicate the bike in the event that you can't find that particular sled.

(Sorry, y'all. I couldn't resist...)

Good luck finding that bike. Very cool. If you can't find it, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one and replicate it.

Hounddog

Looking for a Cat model/style minibike from around the 1970 - 71 timeframe. I know this is a long shot, but I was looking at a video of a swap meeting that took place in Saline, Michigan where I saw a bike being sold by I guess one of the local vendors. The bike was being displayed on the outside with about 7 or 8 other bikes. The specific bike I am interested in was black, had a seat covered in black and white leopard skin material, had shocks front and rear. There was one unique thing about the bike, it had a label on the front that said "Scat Bat".....looked like a purple bat riding a minibike. I have an image of the bike and can post it. Does anyone know how I might be able to get a list of vendors who may have been a part of the show? Unfortunately, the video I saw was shot 3 years ago. Yeah I know, it's a long shot. I believe the event was being sponsored by "Old School Minibikes". I sent an email message to the email address (fmathson@comcast.net) that was posted at the Old School MiniBike Facebook page and it failed. Any suggestions? View attachment 247225 View attachment 247226 View attachment 247226
There is a Scat Bat for sale out here in socal. He wants a lot for it but it looks all original. Here is the LA Craigslist link....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mcy/d/mini-bike/6938919358.html

Good luck, HD

J.L.

1000 don’t even have the original motor! Geez mines all original except the motor decals. I have nowhere near 1000 for it
Mr. Murphy, are you on the website to sell your bike, or are you hear to just comment on pricing that others are asking. If you're selling, regardless of shortcomings, let's talk.

Looking for a Cat model/style minibike from around the 1970 - 71 timeframe. I know this is a long shot, but I was looking at a video of a swap meeting that took place in Saline, Michigan where I saw a bike being sold by I guess one of the local vendors. The bike was being displayed on the outside with about 7 or 8 other bikes. The specific bike I am interested in was black, had a seat covered in black and white leopard skin material, had shocks front and rear. There was one unique thing about the bike, it had a label on the front that said "Scat Bat".....looked like a purple bat riding a minibike. I have an image of the bike and can post it. Does anyone know how I might be able to get a list of vendors who may have been a part of the show? Unfortunately, the video I saw was shot 3 years ago. Yeah I know, it's a long shot. I believe the event was being sponsored by "Old School Minibikes". I sent an email message to the email address (fmathson@comcast.net) that was posted at the Old School MiniBike Facebook page and it failed. Any suggestions? View attachment 247225 View attachment 247226 View attachment 247226
JL,
You miss-spelled Frank’s last name. Mathison, I believe. Go to his old school mini bike flier page for last May’s swap meet. He has his email and tx posted there.
Maybe you could post another wanted thread with some more specific text. That might help you.
Good luck with finding your new bike.