Correct wheel bearings for minis

Searched "bearings" in the forum search, couldn't find what I was looking for. I remember reading post on correct bearings, that you should actually be using flange bearings on your wheels, not just the snap ring bearings. Does this ring a bell, or anyone remember the thread?

Most I've had are 1 3/8'' O D with I D of 1/2'', 5/8'' or 3/4''. Like wheelbarrow wheel bearings but I go for the better quality more expensive ones. And all I've used have flanges. There's a lot of cheap ones for sale but I wouldn't recommend them for what we put them through. There's hundreds of sources. Maybe another member has info on the best deals.

Flanged bearings are for low speed use.
Snap ringed bearings are generally high speed precision bearings.
With that said the quality of any bearing is the buyers responsibility.
Yep, there's some real crappy ones out there. I also like to put a spacer between them so I can tighten the axle more without pushing through the bearing. Need to get the spacer length perfect. I have different size shims in .010 thickness for adjustments.

Yep, there's some real crappy ones out there. I also like to put a spacer between them so I can tighten the axle more without pushing through the bearing. Need to get the spacer length perfect. I have different size shims in .010 thickness for adjustments.
Live axle solves every one of those problems