3RD ANNUAL NORTHERN NEW YORK CAMP AND RIDE.

we were on the long trail, a former railroad bed that runs from redwood to philadelphia, ny.
at about the half point i was waiting for brown boonie and mushroom to navigate some water.
up a ways i saw a large group of atv's on the trail with people mulling around. we drove up on
the crown and JimKemp was talking to some drunk drooling redneck about trail ownership and
fee's to ride on the trail, and how his club owned the trail. the drooling redneck was obnoxious with
his constant droning about who owns the trail. i stood to the side. the drooler wouldn't shutup.
JimKemp could have popped this guys head like a prom night zit but he held his composure.

i am not sure why we stood there for so long listening to this guy blather about the trail and how
proud he was that kids were riding minibikes all the while drinking knowledge and fortitude
from a cold and frosty 12 ounce can.

Ballen_00.jpg
we managed to snap a photo of the drooling redneck and one of his fellow riders before turning
around and heading down the trail.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Maybe they were upset that Owen we chasing down their woman/cousin/sister. They blocked the trail hoping he was riding with us on that trip.

Riding up on that group was very interesting , it was kinda sad to see these people at first bitching at us for riding on there trail without having the proper trail pass or membership with there club , too see them falling down drunk riding atv's with kids riding with them on the backs of the machines was the part that really bothered me , don't get me wrong im not against drinking but when atv riding in the state of NY is tough and theres not a lot of places that allow them it was sad to see a "club " acting the way they were , it would be a different story if they had 1 at the stop and then rode on but we watched many cold ones get drank while we were there , and yes I had to keep my cool while I watched this one drunk guy right in Georges face bitchen at him , and yes I was looking around to see who was going down first , but after a few minutes they calmed down and relaxed a little , whats the song "im not as good as I used to be but im good once as I ever was " , I was glad that didn't come into play , but I hope that the club gets these messages and changes there way of conducting themselves out there on the trail , because we will be back next year and the year after that , and after that

But please don't let this stop anyone from coming up to next years event , this was a great time with great food and people , we just had 1 little hiccup along the way , this is a very kid friendly event , my wife didn't ride but still had a great time and is looking forward to going back up next year

Jay, my sister, Shannon and myself went up to Phil's property to clear out some dead trees. I think we must have cut down around 15 trees and pruned another 5 or 6. Made more room for a least 5 more camper spots and it looks much better. Phil showed up to, "supervise" and had to go after a half an hour for his cup of tea at lunch. Just kidding, he wasn't there more than fifteen minutes! Kidding Phil!!! He had to go and to his other job as a male stripper at the senior home!

Attachments

brown boonie

we will go back in the spring and burn up the loose brush and it will look better. may cut up some more downed trees for more fire wood for the next fall ride weekend. only 10 more months.

Patty and I will be there for sure , Please let us know the next time you are all planning on working up to Phils land and we will come and help

brown boonie

Patty and I will be there for sure , Please let us know the next time you are all planning on working up to Phils land and we will come and help
WAS A LAST MINUTE THING, FOUND OUT THE WEATHER WAS GOING TO BE GOOD UP THERE AND TOOK ADVANTAGE. WE WERE ONLY THERE FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS SINCE OWEN HAD TO GET HOME AND PUT HIS SKIRT BACK ON.

I wore my skirt underneath my pants to keep warm Jay! You, had to take snuggle breaks, with my sister every 10 to 15 minutes while I kept working! We never saw Jim's next wife the entire time we there, (meth mouth). Maybe in hiding after their last encounter? Glad we were able to help Phil for making this possible!! Phil and his wife are the nicest people you will ever meet!!!! God bless his wife for dealing with him!!

I wore my skirt underneath my pants to keep warm Jay! You, had to take snuggle breaks, with my sister every 10 to 15 minutes while I kept working! We never saw Jim's next wife the entire time we there, (meth mouth). Maybe in hiding after their last encounter? Glad we were able to help Phil for making this possible!! Phil and his wife are the nicest people you will ever meet!!!! God bless his wife for dealing with him!!
Well if you would let her (meth mouth) out of your basement the rest of us would see her :)

I know he has been busy with his health issue, he'll let us know. Would you guys want to go up there this spring and do a little cleaning up?

brown boonie

Anybody know if the dates for this event has been set for 2020 , looking forward to going this year
looks like September 11/12/13. PHIL IS SLOWLY HEALING AND SHOULD BE IN FINE SHAPE BY THEN. WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING UPFOR MORE CLEARING/BRUSH BURNING APRIL 11TH OR THE 18TH.