Homlite Trail King

Fourtogo

Starting a Trail King Mini . Haven’t found a lot of info in print yet . Pretty kool Mini all the same, unquie suspension, chassis hinges in the middle with a leaf spring . Going run jack shaft instead of high low gear box . Going run a 5hp Tecumseh with Max Torque Clutch and up grad from drum brake/disk scrubber to scooter disk brakes front back . Semi restored is what it will be for frame wheels brakes white powered coated wheels . White paint on engine , it will have new truck bed in back . Adding a much smaller tie down / grab rail for bed area . It has no shocks for leaf spring suspension. I have access to mini coil overs too cure that issue .

Attachments

Fourtogo

Yes that’s about all I have found is that same print Richard . Motor plate had been drilled a bunch hacked on some also so it had to go . Sawall / dotco cut off wheel / 1/2 belt sander / 1 1/8” belt sanders / 90deg dotco disk sanders . Had some snotty looking welding on both sid

Fourtogo

Got old beat up motor plate removed . Used a sawzal / right angle Dotco / 1/2 X 12 belt sander / 1 1/8 Belton belt sander / and a right angle disk sander . Completely over welded by manufacturer . Square frame bits and bracing , BAHAHA nothing is square , THATS why I am going new axle mounts with slots . The whole rear wheel ,
assembly rides on 2ea 3/8” 1 1/2” bolts . And press fit the bearings in to the hub.

Attachments

Fourtogo

Going to be using a Heathkit rear wheel combo piece it’s a 8” rim with GoodYear tera tire . Need build spacer for sprocket . Got that started 4” aluminum bar stock . Had to use a boring bar I was using a very clapped out lathe . So everything has to be compensated for during the process. Just finish sizing on spacer . Then it’s drill and tapping for sprocket and hub .

Attachments

Fourtogo

When get started on a project , I am very focused in thought . Had a relative come to visit . She likes art and cultural things , so we take her to the Mission at San Juan Capistrano. I let them off , and I go to park on the street. As I am walking back to entrance, I look down . And what do I see , the very thing I was thinking about . A different pull start handle than the snow blower handle for my 5hp tecumseh . I picked it up had a look around . Took a look to the sky for a bit it scared me a bit too, I said thanks amen .

Attachments

Fourtogo

Got those tubes from JDM Tubing and Performance tube bending . i made the transitions from 1 7/8 to 1 1/4 “ . I used 1 7/8” 1 1/8 “ 1” tubing form muffler . And exhaust pipe . I rolled perforated sheet metal on a dowel for inner muffler . It was stainless sheet . Went from 1” to 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 on the aapipe all Tig welded together . I also made a voloscity stack and choke handle bracket.

Attachments