Bearkat Twister serial# Engine size ?

Hi guys just have a couple questions about my Bearkat Twister. First were would I look for the serial# of the bike or do they all have one? I can't seem to find it.And the engine size I can't find a tag or a number on the engine. It is an aluminum block Briggs and Stratton embossed B/S flywheel cover, eight head bolts, and it is a flathead. Is it a 6 horse? I would greatly appreciate any help.

This ad states the motor was "Tecumseh 6-HP all aluminum motor". You may notice in the 'EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE'... "Optional 8 1/2 HORSEPOWER Gov't Rated 2 CYLINDER MOTOR (Special Order Only)". I wish I had more information on that option.
bearkat ad 3.JPG

Thank you Richard it has a Briggs and Stratton flywheel cover on it. Embossed B/S on it. I don't think it would interchange on a Tecumseh would it? And do you have any idea were I might find the serial # on the bike frame it was repainted and it might be hidden from that or maybe It just don't have a serial number. Sorry for all the questions but I am so excited to learn and restore this Mini- Mani bike. Thank you so much for all your help @Richard Trotter . Ya the 2 cylinder sounds great but I would love to be able to keep it stock if I can. Did you see I found the twister sticker under the other sticker that said sportsman manufacturing company just like you said. It is a Bearkat Twister!!!

Oh ya I see what you mean I looked at a picture of another one the axle is moved back. It should be In the front hole. If you notice it also has 2 rear sprockets. Makes me wonder if it is a prototype? Thanks Davis for pointing that out. I thought maybe it was that way for a ski. So many mysteries to solve!! LOL

The Briggs model 140000 motor started with a HP rating of 5 3/4hp, and was upgraded to 6hp when the coil/flywheel polarity was changed. This caused a lot of confusion when ordering parts. Information on this motor was left out of many Briggs manuals.

Hi guys just have a couple questions about my Bearkat Twister. First were would I look for the serial# of the bike or do they all have one? I can't seem to find it.And the engine size I can't find a tag or a number on the engine. It is an aluminum block Briggs and Stratton embossed B/S flywheel cover, eight head bolts, and it is a flathead. Is it a 6 horse? I would greatly appreciate any help.
1579085985848.jpeg

For what it's worth, I have found the folks @ APD Power Center in Tempe Arizona very knowledgeable and well stocked (or at least capable of ordering) some of the hard to locate parts for the older 140 series engines... 480-838-7474

ThankYou so much Mountain gote 54 that is great information. I'm stripping the Twister down to the frame now engine is setting on the bench ready for rebuild I will keep that number handy for sure.

The Twister is great! I think Guy Wakefield worked at Tote Gote before going to Pheonix to help Jim Tod develop the Twister in 1964. The new line of Tote Gotes that came out in 1966 showed a lot of influence from the Twister.

Thanks Richard I really enjoy learning the history of the Twister almost as much as I enjoy working on it. I live in Montana so it is a good way to pass the time on those cold days.