71 BW HS40 engine

As far as I know, the 1971 HS40 does not use the big lobe MCR cam, but the previous year (1970) did. One of the more serious guys will probably be able to elaborate.

markus

Tag is pretty rough but looks to read 55350C
Thats not a Number that Rupp used on anything, its a standard (non slanted) bushing crankshaft number......it is a mini bike used though it appears, but I kinda quite going down the line once I saw the crankshaft number .;)

Hopefully your just seeing it incorrectly and its a 55330C That is an early 1971 enduro/hustler/blackwidow used engine, which was a standard intake/diaphragm carb, earlier bolt together throttle (like you repro) when they went into the Rupp facility at least, coming out of there if bolted on a BW some of those parts were of course were removed to fit the dell.

I do think that it is the earliest # for 1971, But there was a 55330B number I found, Its probably a 1970 Enduro engine, but I cannot verify. At any Rate in this case if it is in fact a C revision number it is a standard "BCR" fixed/bump compression release engine, The B in that engine # code was the Mechanical unit.