Honda GC 160/190

Is anyone able to build a one inch header pipe for these engines? Keeping the pipe close to the block would be better. The stock exhaust is quiet, but isn't the most appealing piece of metal. I have one to copy that someone made for me previously and can be used as a template. With a few mods :( air cleaner, header) they wake right up and sound really cool! It would be great if they could be made with the bung for a screw in Briggs muffler or a clamp on RLV style.

Owen, I have a tube bender with 7/8" dies, it will bend 7/8" tubing to a 3" radius (6") circle). If this will work I can make a U tube for you like Graperrupp has on his engine shown above.

the problem is you need about a 4" clr its not common to have a die that tight. So you need to make it out of scraps from something else. Alot of riding mowers have tight bends going to the muffler in front they are good to use.

Itype2slo

Those engines are neat but the drawback is the front facing exhaust, you have to search old threads but some people have made cool pipes for those. If you can find them might give you some ideas

Do you want me to send it out to you Mariah.
No dear you don't have to go to all that. Just cut out some cardboard from a cereal box and draw a 7/8" tube with a U bend that is 6" between the center line (middle) of the pipes. Cut this out and hold it in place at the exhaust opening. If that clears the engine, we can make it work.

No dear you don't have to go to all that. Just cut out some cardboard from a cereal box and draw a 7/8" tube with a U bend that is 6" between the center line (middle) of the pipes. Cut this out and hold it in place at the exhaust opening. If that clears the engine, we can make it work.
BTW...if you need more room to clear the side of the engine I can make 2 right angle bends with a straight section in the middle to get it as wide as needed.;)

Rapidrob
For $10 the HF pipe is the way to go. I built 2 pipes one shorty header straight down and kicked out by foot peg. Loud and made a nice flame on decel Throttle isn’t hard once you fab something to hold the cable I think a mikuni would be perfect on this engine. It’s a good engine but has no after market support. Looks cool I think I posted a lot of pictures