HS50 score

delray

same here, I trip over stuff like that in my state. hey for $25 that's good deal. on a different note,guys in the south you really only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to variations of Tecumseh's and briggs and have to pay $$$ for it. one of these days I will have to pull out some of stuff you just don't see.
biffmini, ohio looks to be good state to find stuff still. gas tank would be a good candidate to bleach out or what everybody was doing to make them white again.

Looking good. The cam PTO is already chopped off. For those that don't already know, CFH has an excellent thesis on the subject of these conversions.

DaddyJohn

same here, I trip over stuff like that in my state. hey for $25 that's good deal.
In Indiana, it used to snow a lot more than it does currently, so people haven't been using blowers much.

If it does snow, it's usually light and the the 2-stroke paddle blowers are better suited...

Anyway, they these old auger-blowers sit around unused, become non-functional, and generally just get in people's way.
Considering that, "free" isn't even an unheard of price, lol...

Biffmini

same here, I trip over stuff like that in my state. hey for $25 that's good deal. on a different note,guys in the south you really only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to variations of Tecumseh's and briggs and have to pay $$$ for it. one of these days I will have to pull out some of stuff you just don't see.
biffmini, ohio looks to be good state to find stuff still. gas tank would be a good candidate to bleach out or what everybody was doing to make them white again.
Yep there's is good stuff to be had here in ohio, & the tank will be cleaned up. I cleaned up one a while back it came out better than expected 20200506_201430.jpg

SAS289

In Indiana, it used to snow a lot more than it does currently, so people haven't been using blowers much.

If it does snow, it's usually light and the the 2-stroke paddle blowers are better suited...

Anyway, they these old auger-blowers sit around unused, become non-functional, and generally just get in people's way.
Considering that, "free" isn't even an unheard of price, lol...
Back in the last century I garbage picked a small snow blower with a 3.5 HP Tecumseh. It had direct drive with a 35 chain and looked like it came from the early 80's. Worked ok but couldn't handle deep wet snow and what the snowplows left at the end of the driveway. The $88 Harbor Freight 6.5 HP Greyhound took care of that problem. I sold the 3.5 Tecumseh for $30. This past winter was the first year I didn't run the thing. Snow totals were way below average.