Today’s score

Harquebus

Cool, aged condition. Is it more or less in stock condition? As in is the rear wheel and tire supposed to be that big?

Very cool...bonus score on the snowblower suicide optional throttle too...maybe it works as a cruise control?
I guess the 'suicide throttle' goes with the garden tiller engine (with secondary/reverse shaft) that was added sometime in the past. Could be a snowblower engine though, too..(?)

If I am not mistaken - that is not a "SuicideThrottle" - that is a factory equipped 2 speed which is why you have that secondary shaft - and when working is a nice option - it also appears to be both the correct factory engine and rear tire as well - Enjoy and learn more about it !

trailramdan

correct it is all original! Pretty neat survivor

If I am not mistaken - that is not a "SuicideThrottle" - that is a factory equipped 2 speed which is why you have that secondary shaft - and when working is a nice option - it also appears to be both the correct factory engine and rear tire as well - Enjoy and learn more about it !

trailramdan

It’s original
Cool, aged condition. Is it more or less in stock condition? As in is the rear wheel and tire supposed to be that big?

I guess the 'suicide throttle' goes with the garden tiller engine (with secondary/reverse shaft) that was added sometime in the past. Could be a snowblower engine though, too..(?)

mustangfrank

I hope that 2 speed works yet
The 2 speed is an automatic, RPM actuated...the throttle cable goes to the snowblower/roto tiller throttle and then to the engine.

mustangfrank

Only read briefly on them. Sounds like the odds of this one still working are slim?
I've only seen them mounted on jackshafts like on late 60s Rupps, they don't have a great reputation for longevity. Curious to see it used as a primary, fingers crossed for you but it's an easy/cheap swap out to a centrifugal if it's shot.