Can someone help ID this

Hello all i am new to the forum and i am wanting to build a minibike for my son. I have have had this frame for sometime...actually since i was a kid. Its been in my dads garage for many years. I think he is trying dump everything in there that he does not want on me but that is another story.

Attachments

desert rat

That is beautiful...looks like you got some other projects going on too. Thanks for sharing.
Ya I do, the cat is almost finished ( 5 year project and over built) and i am working on two bonanza's that I'm one year into. The finished ones I have a trail horse, a nova with a keg trailer,a mini cart 28" wheel base/a 5 horse and the crown jewel is an all original mint condition Horstman race cart 36 horse power two stroke. I have a full toy box that's for sure.

Ya I do, the cat is almost finished ( 5 year project and over built) and i am working on two bonanza's that I'm one year into. The finished ones I have a trail horse, a nova with a keg trailer,a mini cart 28" wheel base/a 5 horse and the crown jewel is an all original mint condition Horstman race cart 36 horse power two stroke. I have a full toy box that's for sure.
When you say race cart are you talking about the racing go karts forgive me for not knowing I am a car guy lol.

desert rat

When you say race cart are you talking about the racing go karts forgive me for not knowing I am a car guy lol.
Yes I found On the internet that the serial# on that cart was last raced in 1975. Only 500 total were built. Only 2 of the first 50 are known to still exist , #"s started with TV on them. there's a long story on these. 367.JPG 368.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes I found On the internet that the serial# on that cart was last raced in 1975. Only 500 total were built. Only 2 of the first 50 are known to still exist , #"s started with TV on them. there's a long story on these. View attachment 269071 View attachment 269072
That’s pretty cool I was thinking of get my sons a similar type.....btw.... Do yo know how the KH200 brake caliper compares to the KH210? I believe both have mounting hole spacing of 1 5/8 inches....but i was wondering if either will work on the cat 400x.

Last edited:

desert rat

That’s pretty cool I was thinking of get my sons a similar type.....btw.... Do yo know how the KH200 brake caliper compares to the KH210? I believe both have mounting hole spacing of 1 5/8 inches....but i was wondering if either will work on the cat 400x.
I'm not sure what I used but it was not right. the saving point was I had access to a full on machine shop. What was wrong on mine was the distance from the mount to the sprocket. I had to mill the mounting surface down. Watch your sprocket diameter also , on a 400x you can only run one size and still use the caliper brake.

I'm not sure what I used but it was not right. the saving point was I had access to a full on machine shop. What was wrong on mine was the distance from the mount to the sprocket. I had to mill the mounting surface down. Watch your sprocket diameter also , on a 400x you can only run one size and still use the caliper brake.
Thanks for the heads up.