Tools-

A couple of months ago while drilling through some 1/2 inch aluminum with a hand drill clamped in a vice, the bit got caught and decided to make an attempt at my fingers... Went right through my glove got my knuckle! Opened up an old scar, no big deal there :laugh:

buckeye

Brand new rattle cans make good tree ornaments when there is no friggin air in them. Threw as hard as I could. Shoulder very sore today. Thats what I get for not warming up first.

I bought a cheap wire wheel cup from harbor freight and that thing made you look like a porcuipine after using it, NEVER AGAIN!!! I will pay the extra and buy a dewalt cup every time from now on. I had one fly off and went through the knee of my jeans into my knee and i kneeled down to pick something up and drove it deep in my knee, had to use pliers to get it out. Cheap is not always good!!!

I was on a job and there was a guy drilling a hole in concrete with a big TE25 Hilti hammer drill,well the trigger must of been stuck because when the bit grabbed a hold of some rebar that drill commenced to winding up the cord around it... all by itself. He's lucky he didn't get hurt.

Another usefull method is speeding up the drying time on paint with a propane torch and the rag with paint thinner on it to try and put out the flames!!!!!!!! lol

desert rat

Ok everyone go ahead and call me a dumb a**. Years ago(20) I needed to use a wire wheel on my electric hand grinder. The wire wheels for that tool were clear across the shop and my tool box was right next to me so I removed the blade guard from the tool and installed a wire wheel intended for my air die grinder. I fired up the grinder and as the wheel made contact with the metal it shed about 90% of the wires. I spent a long time removing about 30 of those wires from my fingers, some hit so hard they went into the bone. lesson learned check the RPM rating of the wire wheel and the tool RPM.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Ok everyone go ahead and call me a dumb a**. Years ago(20) I needed to use a wire wheel on my electric hand grinder. The wire wheels for that tool were clear across the shop and my tool box was right next to me so I removed the blade guard from the tool and installed a wire wheel intended for my air die grinder. I fired up the grinder and as the wheel made contact with the metal it shed about 90% of the wires. I spent a long time removing about 30 of those wires from my fingers, some hit so hard they went into the bone. lesson learned check the RPM rating of the wire wheel and the tool RPM.
had the same thing happen with a grinding wheel. made for a hand held electric and put it in a air sander and it blew up sending pieces into my leg and through a truck window.

Wow you guys are great!
4" grinders with wire wheels will also double to get the stains out of a guys sleeve a guys sleeve in a pinch... as it winds up the sleeve, buffs skin and all!

Watched my son pour gas in a Styrofoam cup after i told him that's not gonna work. (Knowing he was gonna be safe) but i just need a cpl drops dad!

Best one i learned a hunert yrs ago, was compressed air to blow out a bearing after washing it in the solvent tank... Wow listen to it sing... just before it comes unremanufactured and sends shrapnel Flyin around the shop and thru the back window of a 69 Dodge Dart... very impressive NOT!

Only prol'um i see, is the simple fact i can relate to 99.99% of'm... a guy has to have some dignity... looking around to make sure no one else just saw the stupidity! Hv the battle scars to show i lost every battle Lol o_O
Tkx 4the many truths and giggles cuz i relate all to well. :(