Early 1972 Simplex Spitfire restoration

Started a restoration project that has very little information on. From what i have been told by acouple of people now
The hardest part is going to be finding some of the missing parts and almost impossible parts to find. Speedo ,horn , chain gaurd and clutch cover.

mustangfrank

Started a restoration project that has very little information on. From what i have been told by acouple of people now
The hardest part is going to be finding some of the missing parts and almost impossible parts to find. Speedo ,horn , chain gaurd and clutch cover.
Love the design and tank(s) of those. Just saw a similar vintage but small wheeled version Simplex on eBay with a speedo.

mustangfrank

Your paint stand frame jig has inspired me, I've got an old US made Craftsman three leg engine stand I don't dare put an engine on but couldn't give away.

I'm thinking it'd be good for metal flake to have it sitting proper instead of dangling/swinging from my old rack too.

Your paint stand frame jig has inspired me, I've got an old US made Craftsman three leg engine stand I don't dare put an engine on but couldn't give away.

I'm thinking it'd be good for metal flake to have it sitting proper instead of dangling/swinging from my old rack too.
The biggest problem is the holding the neck area on it. If it is not cranked down tight it wants to swing down when spinning it upside down. I still use a small bar or screw driver in a hole on back area go help spin the frame for painting under side

mustangfrank

The biggest problem is the holding the neck area on it. If it is not cranked down tight it wants to swing down when spinning it upside down. I still use a small bar or screw driver in a hole on back area go help spin the frame for painting under side
Good warning, it doesn't have the second attachment like a car body rotisserie...food for thought.