Made in Japan

Just picked this up. 'Made in Japan' is stamped on the steering neck and fork lowers. Any info would be much appreciated.
It looks like there were jackshaft plates, that have been cut off. The chain tensioner appears to be added by a previous owner and the front two rusty cross pieces on the top of the frame are not original.

I think they made 2 models mb 200 and another one. One had a 2 stroke and the other had a 4 stroke . They look great restored.
Looks like mine was a 2 stroke model. It has the exhaust hanger/mount and 2 engine mount slots. I'm going to toss one of my 3hp flatheads on it and call it close enough. I think I can use a little poetic license on the 'restoration', considering what I have to work with.

I believe the production on the 2 stroke was limited after they realized it was underpowered or had some mechanical issue. Then they changed to larger 4 stroke. good luck with it I like the flat head 3 hp. idea whatever gets it back on the road.

I believe the production on the 2 stroke was limited after they realized it was underpowered or had some mechanical issue. Then they changed to larger 4 stroke. good luck with it I like the flat head 3 hp. idea whatever gets it back on the road.
Yeah, I read it was due to lack of power. It seems mine was an early model, it also has the woefully undersized fork lowers, that of course are severely bent. From the info I could find, the forks were redesigned and the 4 stroke was a 3hp.