Charger or Supercharger? help ID please

joshua. c.

that one is really rough but nearly fully complete. that bike would be a good candidate for a restoration since you wouldn't have to track down many parts but it would still be a tough one getting it back into shape. by the shape of it, that bike must have lived outside for quite some time.

that one is really rough but nearly fully complete. that bike would be a good candidate for a restoration since you wouldn't have to track down many parts but it would still be a tough one getting it back into shape. by the shape of it, that bike must have lived outside for quite some time.
I am not sure where it sat before I found it at the local scrapyard but the scrapyard owner who I luckily have worked for in the past and who gives me all the junk motors and anything I want from there was going to put it out as a yard ornament. After some negotiating I got it on trade for a Troybilt riding mower. As soon as I saw it it had to be mine. I just got into mini bikes within the past year and I have been repairing go karts and flipping them for awhile but that bike was like no other I'd seen. I looked up the company that Roccosbike mentioned but couldn't find anything. as soon as i can locate tires and either get new rims or have the local machine shop attempt to repair the rims that rusted and cracked I will be restoring it to look like it was originally.

Last edited:
I got this one from scrapyard at same time as the Supercharger. I think they were dropped off by same person. I need help identifying it also. Thanks in advance. IMG_7957.JPG IMG_7958.JPG IMG_7959.JPG IMG_7960.JPG IMG_7957.JPG IMG_7958.JPG IMG_7959.JPG IMG_7960.JPG

Attachments

joshua. c.

for tires look on the old set for sizing information, then a web search should turn up some usable sets. the bike likely needs full disassembly a sand blasting or sanding with sand paper if you want to save money and re painting. and possibly a motor rebuild depending in condition, dose it turn over smoothly? pistons are getting hard to come by so if it needs a rebuild you may have to get creative. staring the motor is the quickest way to know what it needs. smoke = rebuild. but before turning it over replace the oil first and soak the cylinder in penetrating oil. It will also most likely need replacement wheel and jackshaft bearings and possibly new brake pads. the guy at black widow motorsports is a good source for brake pads. ebay for bearings, the old ones should have model numbers and a company name stamped on them. if there is rust inside the tank a hand full of rocks or bag of hex nuts (you just need just something hard with edges) and some water and allot of shaking dose a good job of cleaning the tank. it looks like new afterword's. ebay is also a good source for wheels and other hard to come by parts and sometimes good parts they show up on this site. mini bike events like Windber and flee markets are also good places to find parts but flee markets usually aren't the best for finding specific parts they only sometimes have a few random ones.

I believe you have a regular charger. The supercharger had a fiberglass gold metal flake gas tank. I sold a New Old Stock supercharger gas tank to a guy who lived in New York is how I remember.