Tires on a Super Bronc

So I am giving my VT8-12 to my Daughter-in-law for weekend camping trips. While cleaning it up and making it pretty, I noticed a lot of weather checking on the tires. With the original Carlisle tires the bike is a bit jiggy to ride. Does anyone have experience with maybe thinner, taller tires or maybe a different tread pattern or other suggestions. These will work the rest of this season but I will pull them off and powdercoat the rims when I change the tires. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Fred (BTW, the current tires are 21x12x8)

mustangfrank

So I am giving my VT8-12 to my Daughter-in-law for weekend camping trips. While cleaning it up and making it pretty, I noticed a lot of weather checking on the tires. With the original Carlisle tires the bike is a bit jiggy to ride. Does anyone have experience with maybe thinner, taller tires or maybe a different tread pattern or other suggestions. These will work the rest of this season but I will pull them off and powdercoat the rims when I change the tires. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Fred (BTW, the current tires are 21x12x8)
Good luck, pickins' are getting a little slim unless you're open to some funny sounding Chinese brands. I found a set of NOS Goodyear Terra Compass last winter and I'm still looking for another set. I was hopeful of Duro but they look plastic and run small for their rated size.

22x11x8 opens up a couple more possibilities but some guys have said they look too tall in certain brands.

Good luck, pickins' are getting a little slim unless you're open to some funny sounding Chinese brands. I found a set of NOS Goodyear Terra Compass last winter and I'm still looking for another set. I was hopeful of Duro but they look plastic and run small for their rated size.

22x11x8 opens up a couple more possibilities but some guys have said they look too tall in certain brands.
Seems 19x7-8 tires are hard to find at a decent price, ('C' WORD.)

What about going the other direction such as 21x7x8 ? First would they fit the rims and second what about handling? I'm not big fan of the way the pudgies handle anyway. Thoughts on downsizing?
Thanks Fred

mustangfrank

What about going the other direction such as 21x7x8 ? First would they fit the rims and second what about handling? I'm not big fan of the way the pudgies handle anyway. Thoughts on downsizing?
Thanks Fred
I don't even think you could seat the bead on the 8" wide rims. 21x11-8 is the other size that sometimes yields results.

delray

i hate to sound like a broken record. goodyear compass are so close to the original carlisle tires. duro's are terrible...tall and narrow looking and 22's look to dam big for the bike....just don't look right at all.

i hate to sound like a broken record. goodyear compass are so close to the original carlisle tires. duro's are terrible...tall and narrow looking and 22's look to dam big for the bike....just don't look right at all.
As delray has stated numerous times the Good Year Compass are the tires to get if you can find them. Size = 21 X 11.00 -8
We have them on our Bronc for years and they perform and look fantastic.
Michael

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=253687754728
Anyone have an opinion on these?
SunF 19x7-8 ATV Tires 19x7x8 All Terrain 6 PR A051 POWER II [Set of 2]

What I wonder is this, if they are for an ATV, is the left side the same as the right, or is one side different and meant to be on a two wheel axle?

(Customer review:
great, but not for joyriding

fits and looks cool on coleman ct200 minibike however , they are much thicker and stiffer than stock tire. so its not as smooth of a ride. a lesson learned. i would have stuck with another 4 ply tire)

toomanytoys

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=253687754728
Anyone have an opinion on these?
SunF 19x7-8 ATV Tires 19x7x8 All Terrain 6 PR A051 POWER II [Set of 2]

What I wonder is this, if they are for an ATV, is the left side the same as the right, or is one side different and meant to be on a two wheel axle?

(Customer review:
great, but not for joyriding

fits and looks cool on coleman ct200 minibike however , they are much thicker and stiffer than stock tire. so its not as smooth of a ride. a lesson learned. i would have stuck with another 4 ply tire)
I run the crap put of my ct200u with those tires. I love them. 6psi in em and they are great. I'm super impressed with them. They round out enough that they are easy to lean into a turn and hook up great.

I highly recommend them. I'm not sure I'll ever use a different tire after these.

I run the crap put of my ct200u with those tires. I love them. 6psi in em and they are great. I'm super impressed with them. They round out enough that they are easy to lean into a turn and hook up great.

I highly recommend them. I'm not sure I'll ever use a different tire after these.
I thought that was the price for 2, I have vet bills coming up and a roof job pending, so not to be a pest, but, these are half the price, what do you think?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=253936723084