what can i do to make my bike look better.

jayJams

So lately i have been looking at alot of minibike post on instagram and my minibike is well....lacking what can i do to make it look better.

SAS289

Best thing to do is get ideas of the look you like from what others have done.

I got both of my CT200U's from an Amazon auction. Both were beat up badly from shipping, etc. Before the bikes were ridden I tore them down and painted them. I don't like the red color they had. I'm terrible at painting but they came out ok.

Here's a couple pictures of my black bike. I like the black against the silver.
20210626_205301.jpg 20210626_205443.jpg

jayJams

Best thing to do is get ideas of the look you like from what others have done.

I got both of my CT200U's from an Amazon auction. Both were beat up badly from shipping, etc. Before the bikes were ridden I tore them down and painted them. I don't like the red color they had. I'm terrible at painting but they came out ok.

Here's a couple pictures of my black bike. I like the black against the silver.
View attachment 279832 View attachment 279833
thats preety cool the paint on the fenders look really good

Harquebus

Well, looks like your seat is ripped, so a new seat is in order (my opinion).

I and many others like the 'clean' look. Look at SAS289's Coleman--see how the only logos or stickers on it are the make and model printed on the seat and the factory decals on the engine. That makes it look good. I see a lot of dirt bikes for sale on craigslist, for example, a big turnoff is seeing every inch of plastic and vertical/horizontal surface has been turned into a billboard! :D:rolleyes: Wheeee, stickers!

Black is an okay color but black on black on black is low on visual interest; it is a retreating color and doesn't pop out. His has a silver triple clamp, forks and silver wheels, which breaks up the bleak blackness.

Cleanness is another biggie. There's guys here who wash after every ride. Then again, I think a rat-bike would be fun to do, sort of like Tow-Mater from the Cars movie.

I love the jewel tone paints of the old minibikes--the metallic blues, greens, golds, candy apple reds... so think of a repaint maybe. Not sure.

Put some lipstick on it.
Exactly. Lipstick on a pig. You would have to do everything to make that bike look good and at that point it would be a different bike. But I would say start with a nice color paint job. Flat black is not good. I would also change the handlebars to maybe a chrome motorcycle bars rather than the bmx style you have. Depends what you are able to do. You could redo the seat. You could cut off the rear end and build a swingarm with nice chrome shocks. Maybe some better looking fenders.

jayJams

Well, looks like your seat is ripped, so a new seat is in order (my opinion).

I and many others like the 'clean' look. Look at SAS289's Coleman--see how the only logos or stickers on it are the make and model printed on the seat and the factory decals on the engine. That makes it look good. I see a lot of dirt bikes for sale on craigslist, for example, a big turnoff is seeing every inch of plastic and vertical/horizontal surface has been turned into a billboard! :D:rolleyes: Wheeee, stickers!

Black is an okay color but black on black on black is low on visual interest; it is a retreating color and doesn't pop out. His has a silver triple clamp, forks and silver wheels, which breaks up the bleak blackness.

Cleanness is another biggie. There's guys here who wash after every ride. Then again, I think a rat-bike would be fun to do, sort of like Tow-Mater from the Cars movie.

I love the jewel tone paints of the old minibikes--the metallic blues, greens, golds, candy apple reds... so think of a repaint maybe. Not sure.
yea i was thinking the stickers were kinda cringe will def be removing them.

Paint the bike a brighter color and add sparkles to the paint. So it pops in the sun. You will figure it out I’m sure. Go in the photos section of this site and just look for inspiration.
I'm building an MM80 for my wife to ride on. Went with silver and some turquoise glitter paint (that stuff is a pain in the ass to work with). It came out ok IMO. It's going to have a mildly modded Ducar 212 in it. She wanted sparkles, so I did sparkles. It's sitting in our storage unit now until our house remodel is done. Probably still have another 5 months until I have my garage back and can play with minibikes again.

Attachments