1973 39k mile torino

Status
Not open for further replies.
1973 Base model Torino, very original and very solid car. 39k miles, 302, automatic, pwr steering. runs and drives like a new 1973 Torino with many new parts replaced. This is a hop in and enjoy car right now, no need to do lots of work to it to start having fun with it. I also have a rusty but complete and very rare 1973 base model q code 4 spd car with competition suspension, gauges, good running but non original 351c 2v head engine. My plans were to swap the drivetrain out of that car into this nice solid blue car, but my health doesn't make that easily doable these days. That car will also be listed shortly, along with a couple 73 fastbacks I have and a 50k mile 460 t bird for someone who wants to do a big block swap into one of these cars. Please private message with me any questions or to exchange phone numbers so we can discuss a time to look at the car. $12,500 and would let the 4spd car go with it for another $2500 as a package deal. I have a TON of 351cj/q code parts as well as lots of other 351 cleveland 4v parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

mustangfrank

1973 Base model Torino, very original and very solid car. 39k miles, 302, automatic, pwr steering. runs and drives like a new 1973 Torino with many new parts replaced. This is a hop in and enjoy car right now, no need to do lots of work to it to start having fun with it. I also have a rusty but complete and very rare 1973 base model q code 4 spd car with competition suspension, gauges, good running but non original 351c 2v head engine. My plans were to swap the drivetrain out of that car into this nice solid blue car, but my health doesn't make that easily doable these days. That car will also be listed shortly, along with a couple 73 fastbacks I have and a 50k mile 460 t bird for someone who wants to do a big block swap into one of these cars. Please private message with me any questions or to exchange phone numbers so we can discuss a time to look at the car.
What's your asking price?

Someone's going to snatch that up quick, I have WAY too many vehicles and projects now or I would be a player.

Thanks I think its priced fair, even with this crazy sellers market we have right now. These 72-76 cars are very hard to find in this shape. The fastbacks are more desireable but I have always liked the plain jane base models with the hi-po stuff in em. I just hate havin to farm work out to others that I used to be able to do. I always get the car back in worse shape and their work is pitiful, drives me crazy. Its why i love mini bikes, i can still do 100% of everything on em.

Don't let reality bite you, but the fastest Ford Torino made in '73 with 351 CJ and 4 speed transmission had a 0 - 60 mph time of 7.7 seconds and quarter mile time 16.0 seconds at 88.1 mph according to publications of the day. Today's Mini Vans and Econo Boxes would blow it off the road. Proof that memories fade.

Don't let reality bite you, but the fastest Ford Torino made in '73 with 351 CJ and 4 speed transmission had a 0 - 60 mph time of 7.7 seconds and quarter mile time 16.0 seconds at 88.1 mph according to publications of the day. Today's Mini Vans and Econo Boxes would blow it off the road. Proof that memories fade.
don't let the internet mislead you but thats silly bs from a bad at the time test drive with a automatic loaded up car and 3.25 gears with no traction on a hot day lol I have had these cars and a properly tuned car with traction will run much better then that and thats REALITY as I have witnessed personally. a 73 4spd/3.50 geared cj torino was a low 14 to high 14 car, all depends on driver and traction, thats with a measley 351 cubic inches, 8.0-1 compression, crude smog controls and a fairly heavy car. add some 3.91-4.11 gears which is what a cleveland with 4v heads really needs, good state of tune and the car runs as it should, but thanks oh so very much for your internet wisdom. I'll sleep better tonight.

OK, got it!
List of excuses why that "Muscle Car" just got dusted by my mom's 2020 four cylinder (measley 152 cubic inches) Toyota Camry on her way to Bingo Night;

-It's hot outside.
-I can't get any traction.
-My car's not properly tuned.
-This professional driver can't drive.
-I need lower rear end gears.
-There's a goldfish in a tank on the passenger seat.

Watch out, I think mom's going to trade for a new Camry with a V6.

I had plenty of "Muscle Cars" back in the day ( 351-428CJ Torinos, 429 Ranchero, Mustangs, 327-427 Corvettes, Impala, Camaro, Chevelle, LS-6 Monte Carlo SS454, 400 HO-455 Firebirds, others). I've still got a couple of early Corvettes. They are fun, cool collector's items today, but I'm not fooling myself with silly BS thinking they are fast by modern standards. Yeah, you could make them reasonably quick, but barely streetable, as reliable as a firecracker, and never mind the 6-10 mpg. Hell, a new base Mustang ecoboost 4 cylinder will turn the quarter mile in the 12's with simple induction and computer tweaks (with the A/C on and your niece with her learner's permit behind the wheel). Then there's absolutely no way to even begin a performance comparison of old "Muscle Cars" and today's performance and super cars. Sweet Dreams.

mustangfrank

Tire technology alone makes historical testing results
OK, got it!
List of excuses why that "Muscle Car" just got dusted by my mom's 2020 four cylinder (measley 152 cubic inches) Toyota Camry on her way to Bingo Night;

-It's hot outside.
-I can't get any traction.
-My car's not properly tuned.
-This professional driver can't drive.
-I need lower rear end gears.
-There's a goldfish in a tank on the passenger seat.

Watch out, I think mom's going to trade for a new Camry with a V6.

I had plenty of "Muscle Cars" back in the day ( 351-428CJ Torinos, 429 Ranchero, Mustangs, 327-427 Corvettes, Impala, Camaro, Chevelle, LS-6 Monte Carlo SS454, 400 HO-455 Firebirds, others). I've still got a couple of early Corvettes. They are fun, cool collector's items today, but I'm not fooling myself with silly BS thinking they are fast by modern standards. Yeah, you could make them reasonably quick, but barely streetable, as reliable as a firecracker, and never mind the 6-10 mpg. Hell, a new base Mustang ecoboost 4 cylinder will turn the quarter mile in the 12's with simple induction and computer tweaks (with the A/C on and your niece with her learner's permit behind the wheel). Then there's absolutely no way to even begin a performance comparison of old "Muscle Cars" and today's performance and super cars. Sweet Dreams.
Dude, lighten up...the OP listed a time capsule 302ci cruiser for sale and made no performance claims. Another member chimed in with a memory of a similar car which did "fly" back in the day compared to most of what else was available then.

40-50 years of tire technology alone have made old performance test data unreliable to compare to new car test data...and you're the only one here making comparisons to new cars.

Tire technology alone makes historical testing results

Dude, lighten up...the OP listed a time capsule 302ci cruiser for sale and made no performance claims. Another member chimed in with a memory of a similar car which did "fly" back in the day compared to most of what else was available then.

40-50 years of tire technology alone have made old performance test data unreliable to compare to new car test data...and you're the only one here making comparisons to new cars.
its ok man, some people just have to be "richards" and try to rain on others posts so it sounds like they have a clue.

I had a low 12 second glh turbo omni, also had a low 13 second caprice lt1 wagon and a mid 12 second v8 5spd dakota, so I clearly know about the power of later model vehicles. yes even the trucks and turbo eco boxes today can outrun most of the old muscle cars of 40+ years ago!!!!!!

I just put the dork on ignore and its why when i list stuff for sale on FB I turn of commentin, too many arm chair experts. Hopefully he got the attention he so desperately craves and can go back to suckin on his binkie. Or maybe he is goin through a tough time in life right now and just needs to trash someone, if thats the case, trash away man.

I just sold about $1800 worth of old worthless low performance ford parts to a guy so i can buy more mini bike stuff. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.