Family photo

toomanytoys

Haven't gotten to ride much lately. Son got an upper respiratory infection. Not covid. He ended up in the hospital for 3 days. Then my youngest daughter got it. She didn't get as bad and rode it out at home. Went to Disney and leaving Sunday fot myrtle beach.

No time to ride em! But at least I've gotten to put 600 miles on my motorcycle riding to work and running errands.

toomanytoys

Funny how things seem to come back to me.

Sold that megamoto pro for 900 somehow. In the span of a month it went to 3 different people. It was for sale on Facebook market place for 400 with a blown motor. I snagged it back up! Complete with a hole in the block and a zip tie on the governor. I'll put another predator from my stash on it and sell it again in the spring.

toomanytoys

People are genuinely ignorant or stupid.

I'll take their ignorance and profit!

Heck I made money. Paid 500 for the bike without a motor, had a 50 dollar predator on it. Stage 1 parts were all left overs.

I may just keep it this time. My wife liked riding it. I wasnt a fan of the frame design.

I've been enjoying the honda ruckus so much. That thing is a blast to ride.

Last edited:
People are genuinely ignorant or stupid.

I'll take their ignorance and profit!

Heck I made money. Paid 500 for the bike without a motor, had a 50 dollar predator on it. Stage 1 parts were all left overs.

I may just keep it this time. My wife liked riding it. I wasnt a fan of the frame design.

I've been enjoying the honda ruckus so much. That thing is a blast to ride.

Pic of the Ruckus would be nice...

toomanytoys

Pic of the Ruckus would be nice...
I'll snap one when I get back. It's just a white and red standard ruckus scooter.

Nothing fancy. I was to keep the factory engine and just upgrade the variator, intake. Exhaust, and rejet. Nothing crazy. It runs about 40 on flat ground. Good enough for me.

Ugh yeah, fast enuff for me too. Don't need to run 80 mile-ma-maurer like some folks gotta do. :eek:
Great to scoot out don't have to go crazy.
It's a mini-bike not a 1300 Hyabusa. No death wish here, i figure at my age it'll be here far sooner than later. Kinda like the proverbial roll off toilet paper, the closer ya get to the end... the faster it goes... lol :confused:

toomanytoys

Ugh yeah, fast enuff for me too. Don't need to run 80 mile-ma-maurer like some folks gotta do. :eek:
Great to scoot out don't have to go crazy.
It's a mini-bike not a 1300 Hyabusa. No death wish here, i figure at my age it'll be here far sooner than later. Kinda like the proverbial roll off toilet paper, the closer ya get to the end... the faster it goes... lol :confused:
I have street bikes to go fast on if I get in that mood! The ruckus has been a blast for just scootering over to town for a few things or just taking a relaxing ride. It would be nice if it hit at least 55 so I could run with traffic on a few of the bigger 2 lane state routes. I don't venture on anything but in town roads with it. That's what it was made to do.

Aaaah makes sense to run with the traffic. Not sure I could get by with that around here. Might be able to just don't need the attention drawn my way. Have good repour with the local departments, would like to keep it that way... who am I kidding ? Life begins at the end of your comfort zone! lol o_O

toomanytoys

Ruckus is street legal and insured. So don't have to worry about cops. My concern is just inattentive drivers coming around a corner at 55 and there is me going 40...

I74

Ruckus is street legal and insured. So don't have to worry about cops. My concern is just inattentive drivers coming around a corner at 55 and there is me going 40...
Yea,, going around the corner @ 55,, & playing on their ''stupid'' phones to boot.
That's pretty much why I don't ride Harley's anymore.

toomanytoys

Yea,, going around the corner @ 55,, & playing on their ''stupid'' phones to boot.
That's pretty much why I don't ride Harley's anymore.
I feel you. I usually get 5 to 10k a year on my motorcycles. Every trip out someone pulls out in front of me. Cuts me off. Something....if I didn't love riding so much I'd sell my bikes and give up.

What harley did you have? I've been throwing around selling 2 of my 3 bikes and getting a 22 road glide. Putting a tour pack on it and getting my wife to ride. I'd love to ride to the beach

Last edited:

I74

I feel you. I usually get 5 to 10k a year on my motorcycles. Every trip out someone pulls out in front of me. Cuts me off. Something....if I didn't love riding so much I'd sell my bikes and give up.

What harley did you have? I've been throwing around selling 2 of my 3 bikes and getting a 22 road glide. Putting a tour pack on it and getting my wife to ride. I'd love to ride to the beach
I built & rode a stripped down custom '' $hit & git'' Shovelhead chopper for 20 years.
I love stripped down ''light weight'' old school ''hot rod'' HD chopper's.

Got wiped out pretty good by cages a couple times back n the 80's,, & they didn't even have ''stupid'' phones then.
Think it's ''at least'' 10 fold worse now,, plus I wouldn't bounce anymore,, I would just shatter.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Megamoto is gone again. 650 this time. It went a couple hours away this time.

Now I have a decent chunk in my play fund. Now I need to find another project. Maybe not a project...another toy. My wife has been riding the ruckus around. I thought about buying her a 150cc scooter of her own.