Briggs and Stratton Decals

Jer

Does anyone have a link to where I can buy original B&S engine decals? I would like to rebuild an engine I have and put original decals back on it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Jer

Awesome! So how do I know what the right decal is for my Briggs? I mean I know I can find a decal that says 5 hp but apparently you can tell what the original ones were by looking at the code number. Any clue how to decide which decals were OEM?

Oldsalt

Awesome! So how do I know what the right decal is for my Briggs? I mean I know I can find a decal that says 5 hp but apparently you can tell what the original ones were by looking at the code number. Any clue how to decide which decals were OEM?
Stamped on the pressed metal engine fan shroud [on the carb side] is a series of numbers. They are the ones that tell the series, model and etc. I have never called the guy with questions but I suggest that you do that if you need info. He has an eBay store that lists a lot of stuff like complete sets for specific engines.

Motra

If the engine isn't ancient, you can get the original decals right from Briggs & Stratton. Take the complete engine numbers to a lawn mower shop and they can order the decal packet that is specific to your engine. It comes with every decal on the engine and they're usually not very expensive.

Jer

Ok.Cool. I guess now my only hard decision to make is which engine to rebuild?? I am thinking about building a 5 hp but making it look stock. I want to go with all billet internals. But thats for another thread.:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Ok.Cool. I guess now my only hard decision to make is which engine to rebuild?? I am thinking about building a 5 hp but making it look stock. I want to go with all billet internals. But thats for another thread.:thumbsup:
A SLEEPER minibike! I suppose a guy could put 3 HP decals on a 5HP engine. Not many would notice the increased engine height!

Jer

A SLEEPER minibike! I suppose a guy could put 3 HP decals on a 5HP engine. Not many would notice the increased engine height!
Thats a great idea! Thats what Im going to do! Anyone know if a 5hp engine will fit in an Azusa frame and be able to have the rear fender? The bike I have now wont work. And I have a bunch od Briggs engines so I dont really want to go to Tecumseh.

Jim is the REAL DEAL. Over the last 15 years I have purchased dozens of his high-quality engine decal sets from him. He has even made some special "one off' engine decals for me that were not available anywhere else. I would not think of getting my decals from anybody else. If you need to reach him use the telephone number he posted, NOT by email. (you will wait a LONG time for a reply to your email if you even get one at all!)
Michael

Robertt8883

I am sure there are several members that have great decals to offer. I have only used Mini Bike Paul 1 - (805) - 889-1932 he has the water slide
decals they are the Best I have ever seen or used He carries B&S - Tecumseh