Some JCPenney Duster expert knowledege needed ...Please Thankyou

f4radar

I'm on the hunt for a sissy bar. (I'm not fishing here for one) If I have one reproduced the only info I have is the remnant bars under the seat and a couple pennies ads the two ads I've seen seem to show different bars. One seems to show a 90 degree bend after the seat and the other seems to be a little more rake... maybe 100 degrees. I would appreciate anybody with real world experience setting me straight here.

Attachments

FunWithStuff

I don't have exact measurements on the bar but I did manage to locate the thread of the user I mentioned who was re-popping them talking about making them some information you need might be here. It's actually an interesting thread to read.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/cat-slingshot-sissy-bar.87640/

Of course the user isn't on this site anymore but if there are any other measurements you need @derekbmn might be able to get you some measurements for remaking one. Or maybe some other users will chime in with info as well.

f4radar

I don't have exact measurements on the bar but I did manage to locate the thread of the user I mentioned who was re-popping them talking about making them some information you need might be here. It's actually an interesting thread to read.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/cat-slingshot-sissy-bar.87640/

Of course the user isn't on this site anymore but if there are any other measurements you need @derekbmn might be able to get you some measurements for remaking one. Or maybe some other users will chime in with info as well.
Looks like I’m reinventing the wheel here. I can interpolate a lot from the pennies ad and my bike. I just can’t see if the early 70s duster had a 90 degree bend after the seat or something larger. Here’s a different ad and that angle sure looks like 90 there Thanks for the link I appreciate that

Attachments

Last edited:

FunWithStuff

Looks like I’m reinventing the wheel here. I can interpolate a lot from the pennies ad and my bike. I just can’t see if the early 70s duster had a 90 degree bend after the seat or something larger. Here’s a different ad and that angle sure looks like 90 there Thanks for the link I appreciate that
Looks like it might be 90 degrees hopefully someone who has a sissy bar can confirm that for you. If the sissy bar wasn't sitting at an angle in the ad photo it would be easier to tell.