We all felt like doing this...

copyman

definitely not a Tecumseh, not even a Briggs...maybe a Predator!
Good point. Hate to shoot up a good old engine that's not at fault, it's the mechanic fault for not getting it to run.

Maybe deer season was coming up and didn't have a fake deer for target practice so used mini bike instead! All those shots would have been kill shots with a deer....

copyman

You minibike veterans have some good eyes. I didn't notice the large paint stir stick under seat! ha-ha that is funny.

Just to be fair to the ebay seller this was the third bike of a 3 bike lot. The other 2 bikes were good. Think the price was fair for all 3 bikes as a package?

Lizardking

maybe different guns because a few went clean through
Different calibers and or distances were used.

I'm digging that patina, bullet hole cover and would try to make everything else on that engine look like it.

I've seen a 23 window VW Bus riddled with bullet holes and patina that was just cleared coated as is. It was found in the woods and everything redone except for the body. Was selling for 90k if I remember correctly.

joshua. c.

I got my go kart because someone trashed (smashed up) the engine because it wouldn't start. I found a Briggs 5hp all smashed to bits near the abandoned railroad tracks in my home town. so I took it home to salvage parts. Someone saw me take it home and asked me why, so I told him and I asked If he new where it came from, he said It was off his kart he told me he had gotten mad because it wasn't running right and had smashed it. I asked about what he planned for the kart his response was he was going to junk it so I offered 40$ and it was a deal. It started with a free parts motor and ended with a go kart purchase. and I got the kart running the next day with a spare engine I had in the basement. I still have the kart and my friends and I have gotten years of fun out of it and there are many more to come.

What I've done to the kart so far is I replaced the tires and rear sprocket and stretched the frame to fit a large seat, added a roll bar then replaced the 5hp Briggs with an 8hp Tecumseh.

In this case someone trashing an engine had a happy ending, this kart may have been scrap otherwise.

DSCN0045.JPG

copyman

Since we are talking about trashing things. As my name suggests I service copy machines. This is what I've felt like doing to to a few problem machines. If you hang in for the whole video you will see how a large copy machine can be made into small pieces in a few minutes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMs7Hnsy2xE

f4radar

I got my go kart because someone trashed (smashed up) the engine because it wouldn't start. I found a Briggs 5hp all smashed to bits near the abandoned railroad tracks in my home town. so I took it home to salvage parts. Someone saw me take it home and asked me why, so I told him and I asked If he new where it came from, he said It was off his kart he told me he had gotten mad because it wasn't running right and had smashed it. I asked about what he planned for the kart his response was he was going to junk it so I offered 40$ and it was a deal. It started with a free parts motor and ended with a go kart purchase. and I got the kart running the next day with a spare engine I had in the basement. I still have the kart and my friends and I have gotten years of fun out of it and there are many more to come.

What I've done to the kart so far is I replaced the tires and rear sprocket and stretched the frame to fit a large seat, added a roll bar then replaced the 5hp Briggs with an 8hp Tecumseh.

In this case someone trashing an engine had a happy ending, this kart may have been scrap otherwise.

View attachment 283054
Good story. I’m thankful I learned at an early age that acting out frustration is usually counter productive. It’s one of the lessons I want to teach my grandkids.

toomanytoys

Putting holes in metal is just a little hobby of mine. 1\4 inch steel plate 200 yards 55 grain .223 in a 20 mile an hour cross wind. Just staying sharp.
It's surprising how mild steel will not stop pretty much any rifle round minus a 22.

I dont shoot much these days. Still have a lot of stuff but don't use them at all. I'll never sell I always consider it a little nest egg worth of items.

mustangfrank

I miss my abandoned gravel pit access, they started working it again a few years ago and I rarely go to the range. Shooting "stuff" is so much "funner" than paper targets...and educational too ;)