Carlisle Indian head tire

Bbqman

Looking for 4 Indian head knobbies for my Rupp kart. 4.10/3.5-5. thanks. I have original slicks in that size if someone is looking. Cracked sidewalls though IMG_20210706_164839813_HDR.jpg

Rupp only used the Indian head carlisles in 67. I believe yours had Goodyear’s but they are harder to find than the carlisles.

I74

Wish Carlisle would make those tires again, plus a few other ones.
I might get in contact with R&D there & see what their thoughts are....

I74

Please do, I have a long list of tires I'd buy. Doubt we'll ever see the Indian heads again though in the era of PC.
Probably try & get in touch with them here yet this week.

What I would like to see,, is some ''mild tread'' models of 14/5/6's.

Post what sizes & models you Guys like also,, & I will add it to the request list.

Also,,
When I find the correct contact info for them,, I will post that up here also.

The more people that get in contact with them,, the more possible it would be to become a reality. ;)

I

I74

Please do, I have a long list of tires I'd buy. Doubt we'll ever see the Indian heads again though in the era of PC.

Just sent Carlisle marketing a nice request letter for 14/5/6 Indian heads, & a couple of other ''mild'' Turf,, & Golf Cart tread designs ect.

Also let them know, that OldMiniBikes is world wide site,, & that we have almost 50K members,, & ''lot''s of members are looking for Indian head tires ect. ,, that they ''used'' to make.

Will let you know what they say.....

P/S,,

Still need to know what other sizes ect. you Guys want. ;)

I

Last edited:

Bbqman

Just sent Carlisle marketing a nice request letter for 14/5/6 Indian heads, & a couple of other ''mild'' Turf,, & Golf Cart tread designs ect.

Also let them know, that OldMiniBikes is world wide site,, & that we have almost 50K members,, & ''lot''s of members are looking for Indian head tires ect. ,, that they ''used'' to make.

P/S,,

I
4.10/3.5-5 for me

mustangfrank

P/S,,

I
These, please, 4.00-6 and (4.00)4.80-8. Also 5.30x4.50-6 and 4.10-3.50-6, can't remember what they called them, "universal tread" seems to be used now. Basically their entire former minibike and gokart line would be good!

Coker repops the 4.00-6 as a 14x6 Trials tire, not sure if that's a license or they actually buy the molds and rights to make them. They still crank out 22x11-8 knobby tires, did they make a 21x12-8 ever?

Assumed you were going to start another thread but @Bbqman won't mind the hijack if he gets his tires!

20210707_111206.jpg 20210707_111239.jpg 16348354044245929461818324292130.jpg

toomanytoys

I need to dig through my pile down at my dad's garage. I had a nice condition used Indian head on a manco wheel.

I always saved it for something. I think maybe my dad used them to fix a dolly though.

I74

Ok Guys,, if I get a positive response from them,, I will pass along these other sizes ect., & also start a new thread. ;)

I

P/S,,

I ''really like'' that 4.10/ 3.5/ 6 Indian head. :p

That in an ''inch wider'' wouldn't hurt either. :cool:

mustangfrank

Ok Guys,, if I get a positive response from them,, I will pass along these other sizes ect., & also start a new thread. ;)

I

P/S,,

I ''really like'' that 4.10/ 3.5/ 6 Indian head. :p

That in an ''inch wider'' wouldn't hurt either. :cool:
She's pretty isn't she? Not as soft as she once was but still viable...been holding onto it as trade bait for the ones I'm looking for.

Appreciate you taking the initiative on this, you'll be a hero if you spark their interest...I'm pessimistic but still hopeful!

I74

She's pretty isn't she? Not as soft as she once was but still viable...been holding onto it as trade bait for the ones I'm looking for.

Appreciate you taking the initiative on this, you'll be a hero if you spark their interest...I'm pessimistic but still hopeful!
Thanks,, & she's still a real beut. !

A nice ''supple'' one of those on the back of my GX, ''just maybe a smidge wider'',, would be awesome.
I go thru back tires pretty quick on that, just haven't found anything to hold up,, ''yet''. lol