California members best stock up on Predators/Hondas/Etc.

More than likely they will be recycled similar to the millions of lead acid automotive and truck batteries that are recycled every year. Also there could be a core fee similar to L/A batteries to incentivize people to not just throw them into the garbage.
Thanks but that was more sarcasm than curiosity….they’ll probably go the same place all those turbine blades go…buried in the desert…I’m not a fan of Going green…I like exhaust fumes…the smell of hot racing fuel…. My Ol Panhead burning oil….guess I’m old….screw the tree huggers….

desert rat

We have had 150,000 wind mills put up in the last five years. The blades are to be replaced every ten years and are not recyclable. That's 450,000 blades. For all this time the power grid was not in place for the mills to hook up to, they are just now putting in the huge towers and hanging wire. What a waste Do they really think we desert dwellers are that stupid. Our environment is being destroyed so others can feel good,

toomanytoys

Cars don't last typically to 300 to 500k miles so replacing is really a moot point. What I have seen personally on the quality of tesla products they will be lucky to get 150k miles.

Disposal from crashed and worn out cars will be the problem.

A quick Google says 12 million cars are junked annually in the US. Imagine a world with all electric cars and 12 million battery packs that need to go somewhere. We can argue reuse, refurbing, ect. But not all 12 million would be feasible.

They want us to be all electric and then want to hobble our power grid. I have no choice but to heat with fossil fuels. My power service won't handle electric heat and the only real options I have is oil, propane, wood or coal.

Since we're letting our feelings be known, hopefully in another year we can get back control of the house and Senate and at least slow down some of this green crap. But we need even more to get this brain dead mumbling
communist out of the White House and get back to some sane energy production. Vote red, vote Republican, and convince everyone you can to
do the same. The way things are going right now is downright scary.

Cars don't last typically to 300 to 500k miles so replacing is really a moot point. What I have seen personally on the quality of tesla products they will be lucky to get 150k miles.

Disposal from crashed and worn out cars will be the problem.

A quick Google says 12 million cars are junked annually in the US. Imagine a world with all electric cars and 12 million battery packs that need to go somewhere. We can argue reuse, refurbing, ect. But not all 12 million would be feasible.

They want us to be all electric and then want to hobble our power grid. I have no choice but to heat with fossil fuels. My power service won't handle electric heat and the only real options I have is oil, propane, wood or coal.
Add to this many cars will be shunned off to rot in the back yard with battery modules leaking lithium juice that will end up in our water table or public water systems. The bad side of lithium sure seems to outweigh the good side, especially when such huge amounts are involved. We have a local plant that recycles batteries, some of the process rooms are attended by workers in full haz-mat uniforms with air supplies to each one.

First, let's leave the politics out of this thread! I noticed the other thread that got started on this subject got locked, and I assume it was due to the political slant of it's direction.

Now; I also regularly visit Tinboats.net, and this was talked about. It was noticed that outboard motors were exempted. Seems rather interesting.
I can't help but wonder if localities and HOA's are going to relax lawn care standards as the fuel-powered equipment dies off, and battery powered equipment isn't yet available in the numbers that will be needed.
As was alluded to.....how about generator use in a power outage? Will the handicapped, that rely heavily on medical equipment in the home also have to pay hefty fines just to stay alive?

Batteries; How long before one can't even dispose of batteries (legally) in California. It will get prohibitively expensive, as they'll have to be trucked out of state, and those costs will be passed to the consumer.

This will open up a market in border states, though. Rebuilding, sales and repair of small engines and small engine equipment, until it's outlawed, anyway, will skyrocket.

Just my observations.....Roger

toomanytoys

I would take an electric tractor but my requirements are going to be stiff.

Need a series 1 with 3 point, loader and a 60" deck that can cut a few acres without needing a charge.

Glad I don't live in California. There isn't anything here in ohio and I have to deal with winter but most of my area is pretty calm and most of the craziness doesn't reach us.

f4radar

I lived in the Central Valley for a few years in the 80s. I miss roaming the pick & pulls for Mustang parts but I don’t miss the fog.

now it seems like too many rules for the people that follow rules and not enough for the people that don’t.

I74

I lived in the Central Valley for a few years in the 80s. I miss roaming the pick & pulls for Mustang parts but I don’t miss the fog.

now it seems like too many rules for the people that follow rules and not enough for the people that don’t.
Looks like you were there @ around the same time I was ''last'' there,, & also around some of the same parts.

The good & the bad pretty much weighed ''Even Steven'',, last time there..

Cops out there were frigg'n dicks, especially the CHP towards Hippy Bikers. :rolleyes:

Am guessing that it's even ''worse'' now.

Last edited:

Harquebus

First, let's leave the politics out of this thread! I noticed the other thread that got started on this subject got locked, and I assume it was due to the political slant of it's direction.
A reasonable person can no longer avoid being political, because politics is in every thing there is. Every issue is political, and now small gasoline engines {minibikes by extension} are political.

We've forgotten that these overlords work for Us, we don't work for them, but many seem content with quiet compliance.

Where is that other locked thread? I missed the fun, j/k.

toomanytoys

Content to take our money as a pay check and whoever is lining their pockets to get their agendas pushed through.

I've come to realization that democrats or Republicans don't give a crap about us. They all have their own agenda and none of them are good for us.