What is it?

Looking to figure out the fuel line flow of gas to the carb and replace the broken throttle assembly. The gas will not feed up to the carb the way it is routed.

mustangfrank

Looking to figure out the fuel line flow of gas to the carb and replace the broken throttle assembly. The gas will not feed up to the carb the way it is routed.
The man who IDed it above would be the one to tell you the correct routing if a Briggs expert doesn't chime in... @Richard Trotter will get his attention.
Looking at his pic, I think I see a copper hard line run down the PTO side? I'm used to Tecumseh engines that almost always ran the fuel line through the recoil shroud. Briggs are almost foreign to me, especially the remote mounted tank models.

My wife inherited it from her late brother. It's become a debate with her siblings why I am unable to fix Steve's minibike as is. Not sure how he got it to keep idling and run in the current state. I took photos to the local Briggs and Stratton shop for guidance and they recommended a slide carb. Not sure it will fit.

Thanks

mustangfrank

My wife inherited it from her late brother. It's become a debate with her siblings why I am unable to fix Steve's minibike as is. Not sure how he got it to keep idling and run in the current state. I took photos to the local Briggs and Stratton shop for guidance and they recommended a slide carb. Not sure it will fit.

Thanks

Thanks
Went out to the engine storage, I have a mid 70s copper Briggs with the remote tank, the line runs under the head fins on top of the side cover (over the PTO) factory hose bracket (metal strap with a loop) on the top front side cover bolt.

Slide carbs are great but you'll have to go without a governor and might need a custom intake to mount it. An hour with a manual or YouTube video, a fresh spark plug and a thorough carb cleaning are usually enough to bring one back from storage.

Went out to the engine storage, I have a mid 70s copper Briggs with the remote tank, the line runs under the head fins on top of the side cover (over the PTO) factory hose bracket (metal strap with a loop) on the top front side cover bolt.

Slide carbs are great but you'll have to go without a governor and might need a custom intake to mount it. An hour with a manual or YouTube video, a fresh spark plug and a thorough carb cleaning are usually enough to bring one back from storage.
This bike was sitting under cover outside next to a double wide near Benson, AZ for several years. It was covered in pack rat stuff, dirt and oil. Thanks

I planning to get back to this project soon and now intend to salvage the old carb based on comments provided. Also remove the glass fuel bowl and fit a hard fuel line as shown in the pics shared by
Your 5hp Briggs will run lean with the small flow jet carb. Changing The nozzle (emulsion tube) to a Briggs 23222 or a Briggs 231428 will help.
It appears from the photo, without a glass fuel bowl, like on our's, the line will run fairly level to the carb.

Ok, I got fuel to flow over to the carburetor bowl and it runs, however still no throttle control. It runs at low and much higher rpm at it's own whim. I haven't attempted to disassemble the carb. The hand throttle operates except the carb throttle does not have any effect at all. If I take the carb apart are repair kits available.

Ok, I got fuel to flow over to the carburetor bowl and it runs, however still no throttle control. It runs at low and much higher rpm at it's own whim. I haven't attempted to disassemble the carb. The hand throttle operates except the carb throttle does not have any effect at all. If I take the carb apart are repair kits available.
Is the pneumatic governor connected? These old Tote Gotes used a 'wind vane' type governor on the the 3hp motor. I can't imagine someone connecting that style governor to the 5hp motor.

Is the pneumatic governor connected? These old Tote Gotes used a 'wind vane' type governor on the the 3hp motor. I can't imagine someone connecting that style governor to the 5hp motor.
To be honest, I don't know what I'm looking for regarding the governor. I have the carb off of the 5hp. I took it to the local B&S shop and they said it looked to the original one (Pulsa-Jet Model). The engine is however a 1996 vintage.